Masters Running

Tuesday, January 5th and Winter has finally hit NE (Read 35 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

I don't see a dog, Tammy.  I think you're making the whole thing up.

mrrun

Of course, I still need to complete it into March and then break 2 hours to see if it works. (then I need to carry all that speed forwward into April and try to finish within 5 minutes of Amy in our 5K deathmatch   )

I'm running an 8K in florida at the same time as Amy.  It will be her FOURTH race in two days.  If I can come within 15 minutes of her time, I'll be ecstatic!!!!!!

TammyinGP

I don't see a dog, Tammy.  I think you're making the whole thing up.

kind of hard to see in pic, but he's light brown, about knee height. you can kind of see his huge body.

i couldn't make this stuff up. you are much better at making stuff up than I, Mike. 

Tammy

Sayhey! MM#130

Tammy, OMG, one of my biggest fears.  So so so so so glad it was only 15 minutes.  Yes, blood pressure alert for sure.  (I think Mike is selecting you out as his honorary little sister so he can mess with you, only affectionately so.)

Jlynne, what marj said about the eye business and 2nd opinion.  I developed a cataract, age and also prolly in part due to the eye drops I had to use extensively when in TFA in Mississippi--a listed side-effect, but I had to do something.  Anyway, I am told they can grow slowly, and you don't always want them out asap.  I still haven't had the surgery and that was in 2012 that it was supposedly diagnosed.  Vision is fine, with my glasses, same prescription I've had for 4 years.  A running friend here works for an eye doc and has indicated that some docs do schedule the surgeries (they seem to be fairly standard) with an eye toward insurance.

Did you hear the news, New Englanders?  Wally has a sister!

.................................................................................think I can get a job as a mascot?    And what kind of resume do you think you need for that?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

...howdy//.............yep, 30s here too

then 50s mid week

then 30s next week

then a Plague of Frogs

=============

but it's always

Room Temperature

in the pool

20-min NordicTrak

and

40-min PoolRun, no belt, closed fists, running in shallows

.............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...howdy//.............yep, 30s here too

then 50s mid week

then 30s next week

then a Plague of Frogs

Whew!  And I thought rain, rain, and more rain was a pain.  (See there?  The whole rhyming thing?  Yeah, not intentional.)

Aamos - Is that kinda like when whomever came out and said Hello Kitty is not a cat?

Tammy - Thanks for the laugh!  The Hub would've held his own, but he would've been doing a lot of deep breathing.  Not a fan of elevators, although he's much better than he was when we first got married.  He also is a supreme hater of grease (food grease).

If you're feeling old, this should give you some inspiration.  The Pleasure and the Pain.  Great reminder that it's a gift, no matter the age, speed, or distance.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jlynne - you don't know what OLD and SLOW means.  

. . until you start thinking three hours is fast for a half mary

tammy!  - I didn't know your were on the Shinknsen Bullet Train I took this weekend

(3.5 hours of standing with no room to move or stretch just like that)

Fortunately, there was a hot springs at the other end.

photographic evidence had to be taken of course (no not by me - by another board member who actually found the whole thing rather humorous)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

So I just bit the bullet and bought tickets for The Hub and I to go see Peter Frampton March 23 here at Center Arts at HSU.  He would have a cardiac if he knew how much the tickets are, but he deserves this treat and I can't wait to surprise him with it.  For being in a small community/ out of the way area, Center Arts brings in some incredible acts every year.  It's a small venue, so there is no "bad seat" whether it's the balcony or main floor.  . . . Now to keep the secret for 2 1/2 months!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave, yes the recent race was at Reese, the second of the series.  A couple weeks back was the first of the three winter races in Bay City.  It's pretty much been all the people you remember.  Also, neat you got some Annabelle and Riley time.  Another Also, happy birthday.  Steve, nice picture of you and Michelle at your daughter's wedding.  It's neat you and Tag were volunteers at the 5K.  I liked the snowshoe pictures.  Aamos good marathon for you and half for your husband.  jlynne, about probably having cataract surgery next year.  I have an appointment with a cataract guy later this week.  My optician thinks I need to talk to him.  Tammy, that's quite the elevator incident.  I'm glad it got resolved rather quickly.  I couldn't help but think of a sign in the elevator at my sister's condo.  It cautions about jumping around in the elevator as it could trip a safety device that would stop the elevator.  It then indicates that the nearest service technician is two hours away.

Nice long runs for evan and fatozzig.

This morning, the temp was about 5°.  Our TM quit working a couple of weeks ago.  Luckily, my wife had an appointment in Saginaw (about 50 miles away) and near a community center with a free indoor track.  At 9.5 laps per mile, I'm not sure I counted right but I'm calling it 6 miles at an 11:32 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

moebo

Busy day here on the Masters' forum today! I had fun reading through the thread.

Stumpy, I wear running mittens when the temperatures fall below freezing, but I usually have to take them off after a mile or so, no matter how cold it is outside.

Ribs, our whole family started watching the "Making a Murderer" series on Christmas night, and I finished it last weekend. We all thought it was a pretty compelling story. And while I don't doubt that the Avery family is a pretty unsavory bunch, it certainly seems like there was enough "reasonable doubt" about the culpability of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey in these crimes to acquit them.

Tammy, thanks for the laugh! Glad it all worked out in the end.

I wimped out this morning and stayed inside to do some weights for a change--my arms are starting to feel a little bit jiggly (ugh) and I want to take care of that before it gets out of hand. Hoping to be more courageous tomorrow...

pfriese

Nice easy 8 mile run up to DW's office, upper 30's here but I had wind at my back the whole way. I rode home with her.

Paul

Great thread today!! No running - worked 16 hours - been awake since 1:40am ....Love to all and goodnight!!

denise

Mariposai

Busy day here on the Masters' forum today! I had fun reading through the thread.

Fun reading, indeed.

No miles to report. A rest day for my tired and aching bones since I did wayy too much snow play this weekend.

Tomorrow is another story...yeahhh

Cheers to all, and to all sweet dreams.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard