Masters Running

Master's (formerly Evrday's) Subject of the Day (III) (Read 378 times)

It's like I'm a kid going out to play when I run in the snow. Like moose said, there is alot of joy in the snow and/or rain. Last winter the wind was blowing so hard the snow was whipping off the streets, yards and nearby fields that is was almost a white out. I was running on a closed course so no worries about traffic...there wasn't much anyway. A full face mask, gloves and layers and the windchill was no problem at all. The snow was crunchy and not slippery at all. However a couple days later when the thaw/freeze cycle occurred, it made for trecherous footing, but only in places. I've thought about getting the yaxtracs, but heard that they're not good on dry/wet pavement. Where I run there will usually be big, sometimes extended patches of ice with dry or wet asphalt also. I've been taking my chances with this. I'm pretty slow anyway and so far so good. I'd say only 5-7 runs do I have to worry about icy trails. I remember some pics of hermosaboy and his boys running in a full out blizzard a year or so back. What fun!
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM