Masters Running

Saturday March 20 Master Runs, Races, and Workouts (Read 479 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

That was the sound of my brackets blowing up.  Bet Ksrnr is in mourning about now, though.

an hour of pump class this morning.  Getting a LITTLE easier, but the arms still are quivering after.

Slo--good news that DD is on the mend.  Must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

very nice long runs for Byll, perch, kimmie and tramps.  Of course anyone who can give a "meh" to a 3:37 marathon is a long, long way above me

Max and I need to head out and enjoy the gorgeuos evening of a gorgeous 1st day of spring. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good evening, folks!

Wow - some nice racing by Tramps and Kimmie - I'm sure the race reports will follow.....

Excellent long mileage for BQbill, Perch and Holly!  

George - congratulations as well on the long run with no major issues.

Slo - so wonderful to hear DD continues to improve - has she started looking at new rings yet??

Holly - nice progress on your kitchen project!

Carolyn - 60 degrees during the day and -3 that night - that doesn't seem fair either.  Glad you have the woodstove to keep you warm. 

dg - I second the warning of no run the day of surgery - or I'll to cross my arms and tap my toes too!!

IRC on the trail today - 18.5 miles - walk/run @ 11:54 pace and 143 AHR.  1st trail run of the year in shorts and short sleeve shirt.  It was 42 degrees when I started, and I thought my fingers were going to freeze off for the first few miles.  Most of the runners I encountered were in full winter garb.  They looked at me like I was nuts.  By the time I finished, it was 72 degrees, so I think I made the appropriate wardrobe decision.  

Sleep well everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

evanflein

Some good running around here today! And so good to hear that Slo's DD is better. The odd thing is though, these things can be treated and recovered from, but without knowing the "why" of it is troubling. If you don't know what it was or what caused it, the chances of a recurrence are very high. I hope it doesn't happen... but it could. Glad to hear she's improving now.

Tramps, I'd take your time in a heartbeat! I know it's all relative, but that would be a solid minute+ PR for me. I'm taking it this was a long training run for Boston?

Holly, we're going to get started on our final phase of the remodeling project in the apartment downstairs next week. We've got a lot to do on bathroom repairs from water problems down there. I think it's been put off for so long because we just weren't sure what to do about it. But our contractor has a good plan and if we don't fix the problem (a chronic clog and backed up pipes), at least we'll fix the way we fix it... there are no access pipes down there and lots of "T" connections when they should be "Y" joints. Makes getting a snake or anything in there pretty difficult. Anyway, we're borrowing some $$ from my parents to fix things up and we can finally get it rented. Yay for that! So, I know what you mean about not cleaning things up in the interim; it'll get worse before it gets better!

I had a good run today, even if not quite what I had planned. I've been running my "easy" runs way too fast. Not sure what's up with that, but today I decided to focus on easy "effort" rather than actual pace. If I ever felt like I was pushing it or working too hard, I'd back off and ease up so the legs never felt stressed. Seems to have worked, I was able to make it the full 10.5 miles with only one stop, and that was to take off my headband and unzip some things. I got way too hot! But it was nice to run in the bright mid-day sun. 10.5 miles at 8:21 avg pace. Ended up being a MP run after all.

TammyinGP

so many great training runs and races today! Congrats!

We had a beautiful first day of spring here (and it was my friend Laura's 40th bday), so we headed out for an 11 mile run and wanted to explore a few new roads, so we did. One road dead-ended but then went off on a nicely groomed forestry trail, so we followed it and it was a fairly good incline up a nice hill with some fabulous views from the top. Those were our slow miles (but only around 1.75 miles) and the rest of our miles were right around a 9:20-:30 pace or so. Not too bad for being as warm as it was today (upper 70's).

Tammy

Kimmie

how do you guys do race reports here?  Separate thread?