Masters Running

Thurs May 13th Runs - Rest - and everything in between (Read 655 times)

Does the same place sell  DW?
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

Sounds like Jlynne exchanged the DH for a new and improved model that goes running!  Where can I get one of those?

Erika - nice how that works out for you.  If I had that (DH working close to me and working closer to home), I might be talked into after-work runs as well.  And it doesn't surprise me at all that your DS is secretly a very nice young man....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Forgot my Garmin, which is sometimes a good thing.  I can deceive myself into thinking I ran all kinds of fast paces.  Unfortunately I ran a route that I know pretty well and used my watch.  I felt sproinky enough at the beginning but almost bonked on the last big hill, which surprised me, I think the heat was getting up there.  So one hour and one minute of running.

Then I slipped on the vibrams (they are actually difficult to get on, a common consumer complaint, but feel great once positioned correctly) and went for a small 3 minute test run on asphalt, wood chips and grass.  The grass was too long and kept tugging at the rubbery toes.  The other surfaces felt pretty good.  Haven't tried small gravel yet.

I forgot to mention I got another thumbs up yesterday on my run.  But I was a bit weirded out because the guy had a shirt on that said either "runners" or "walkers" (his arm was covering it) go longer.  Anyway, I decided to pay it back, the thumbs up that is and the next runner I saw I gave him a thumbs up.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a great RAL!  It's IRC: 48° and overcast,  so I decided to try some intervals. I did 5.2 miles at an overall avg pace of 10:16, with 3 half-mile fast segments at paces of 8:42, 8:56, and 8:58.  I know some of you run that fast on your slow days, but for me, any pace starting with an 8 is blazing fast, and I'm happy.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

All you folks with kids just graduating from HS are making me feel old(er). Seems like something in another life now.

dg - We've had the same (or I assume the same) duck "couple" nest near our backyard for years. One of the big moments of spring is when they walk their ducklings to the nearby retention pond, with neighbors usually holding up cars as they cross the street to get there.

No running for me today, but my DW and I drove into Detroit to attend the funeral of a friend's mother at St. Anne's Church -- the oldest Catholic parish west of the original 13 colonies, having been established in 1701 just after Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac landed here. The current building dates from 1886 and is one of those cathedral-style churches that you rarely see any more. The friend is Mexican in heritage and this area is still known as "Mexicantown". I'd run through here several times in the Detroit Marathon, and was glad to get an opportunity to see it up close.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Sounds like Jlynne exchanged the DH for a new and improved model that goes running!  Where can I get one of those?

He went out again tonight. In the rain, I might add....two miles total. He signed up to RUN a 5K with me in two weeks. Eat your hearts out, ladies

No run today. I'm posting to call attention to occasional Masters poster Dopplebock, currently running in the Ultramarathon World Championships, representing a little country known as the USA.

He's got a lot of fans over in the 2000 mile user group:

RunningAHEAD - Topic: DB in France

Walt

Maniac 505

Tim:  good luck on the job hunt,  we are eager to hear.

Tom White!!  Really good to hear from you, but sorry to hear of the arthritis.  I try to follow Kick, but if you feel like posting here more that would make me happy

Trent???  You out there???

Jlynne,  Great news,  If DH is a new runner,  I suggest you google couch to 5 K,  (you may well be familiar with it? 

I wanted to run 10 yesterday,  after a lengthy aquarium dive my legs were kind of dead.  I pulled the plug after 6 miles.  10 easy miles today,  probably bicycle 40-60 miles tomorrot

20 planned on Saturday  SCUBA on Sunday then taper till newpost.

evanflein

Jlynne, that's so cool. I hope he keeps at it. Watch out though, he could become a fanatic about it!

Walt, thanks for posting that. He posts as Flounder over on Kickrunners. Last time I checked he was in 30th place, having moved up from 37th in just a few hours.

I made it home... not a bad run but not exactly pleasant. Glad I had a long-sleeved shirt in my bag. I was cold and tired all day so didn't know how this would go. Ended up with good paces, legs felt fine and I had a nice tailwind (not strong, but would've been cold going the other way!), but overcast grey skies, sprinkly breezy... just a generally kind of blah icky day. Glad the run went well... 8.1 miles @ 8:17 avg pace. Miles 3, 4 & 5 were 8:06, 8:06 and 8:04 so that was cool. DH was supposed to pick me up after an hour, so at 7.7 miles (1:03) I stopped and looked around for him. No show. So... kept going and then saw DS2 coming in the truck. It seems someone never left the office and had to call in a backup. I had him drop me off at the end of the road to finish up and walk my cool down.

..yawn...veddy tired.......too many cases,sigh.....gym day at lunch and 5 with DH after work.....finally finally seeing some sun, yay!  we may get in a marathon this weekend, if schedule permits.

keeping up with y'all, just no time to comment.......love you all!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Do I need to bring some nail polish to Newport, Tet?

pink, orange, or not, I'd wear anything between you and cyn.

tammy, no particular reason b ut what are you going to wear at Newport?

-----------------------

The Oyster Dress

http://portillon.wordpress.com/author/ruemadame/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

TomWhite – HIYA!!!  I’ve sure missed you.

kewl news about your DH Jlynne

Graduation rocks!!!

SteveP