Masters Running

Rindaroo is in the hospital (Read 414 times)

Thanks for the update Rinda - was worrying about you - glad you are home and feeling better.  Hope the surgery goes smoothly and fixes everything 100%!

Linda - I can't emphasize how much better you will feel.  I can't believe I suffered for as many years as I did. And with only 4 small incisions, the recovery is very quick (as opposed to undergoing emergency surgery and they have to cut you in half practically).  The worst part was the pain I had in my belly button area.  I used a tummy pillow for quite awhile - especially when coughing or sneezing.  I'd say it took about 3 weeks for it get to the point where it didn't cause some kind of irritation.  Being in shape helped tremendously.  My doctor let me ride my stationary bike almost right away, and let me start running after 2 weeks.

I have to say I was very surprised at just how much the surgery took out of me, and I exhausted easily the first 5 or so days.  But my doctor - in front of my husband - told me I wasn't allowed to lay around.  To get up, move around, fix dinner, etc.  Just no lifting over 10 pounds.

Good luck! You'll feel like a brand new woman!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The surgeon wanted to remove the gall bladder next week, but has agreed to do it in 2 weeks.. absolute latest the 20th. Super busy time at work the end of next week, & I wanted to try to be there if possible. So, we are trying, but if I get too bad, I have promised to have the surgery sooner. I am still having attacks but not nearly as bad as the one at 1am tuesday morning..

{{{Linda}}}

About 6 weeks into my first year at my current job, I had a severe gall bladder attack during the night on a Saturday night.  I was living with my mom at the time - temporarily between grad school apartment and new house.  There was no way I could drive myself to the hospital and she doesn't see well to drive at night, so I toughed it out until dawn.  After I got to the the ER and had a few tests, the doc came in and said I needed my gall bladder removed.  The FIRST words out of my mouth were, "but I can't, I have chorus rehearsals."  (I was still living the dual fantasies that a good job can love you back and that I was indispensible.)  He smiled, patted my arm, and said he'd check with me in an hour.  By the time he came back, I was in so much pain I would have let him take it out with a rusty butter knife and no anesthesia! 

My surgery was on a Monday, and I sang at my niece's wedding that Friday evening. (Still on pain meds, so no drinking at the reception, which kind of sucked, but at least I got there.)   I went back to school the following Monday, but really dragged through the first few days.  After that, though, I was amazed at how much better I felt.  I was just miserable enough for about a year before the surgery that I didn't realize how bad I had felt until I got better.

Sorry you're going through all this, but I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis.  Hope you feel well enough to schedule the surgery the way you're hoping to.  Also wishing your a speedy recovery. 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Maniac 505

((rinda))

thanks for the update.

I know it is good to be home,  but it will be much better when this ordeal is over,  It must be reassuring to have a plan of attack,.  from what others are saying,  It sounds like you will be doing GREAT in a couple weeks.

Get well.

Dave

arf

MM #405

{{{ Rindaroo }}}

Love,

arf

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

行ツテ看病シテヤリ

higashi ni byouki no kodomo areba

itte, kanbyou shite yari.

just a line from a favorite poem over here about model living is caring for the sick too

so we`re glad yours is good.

let`s go run around Hayward Field again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I don't know how I missed this the first go-round, but I'm glad you're home and feeling a bit better.  Hope the surgery goes smoothly and your recovery is quick!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, Linda, I just found this thread after coming back from vacation!!  I'm so glad you're OK!  Good luck with the surgery!

I'm tardy too--get that thing outta there!  Looking forward to hearing about your progress once it's good and gone.

In the meantime, take it easy.

Best wishes,

A

Masters 2000 miles