Masters Running

Wednesday ("What day is it?") Daily, 9.25.13 (Read 46 times)

...er...........guys, taking all your clothes off in the pool ISN'T my trick...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Leslie's butt}}}  Better get a donut pillow for the drive....

4 miles for me this morning.  I wanted to go farther, but DD sprang a before-school FCA meeting that she had to get to on me, so I cut my run short to drive her there.  Ah well, the world will not come to an end if I don't get my miles in.  I'm still ahead of the pace bunny.....(barely)...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...er...........guys, taking all your clothes off in the pool ISN'T my trick...........

Wow - I went back and re-read my post. I meant I would STILL put my swimming suit on under my clothes but not take the time to take my clothes off in the locker room first. When they came off in the water, there would be a swimming suit underneath. I'm so embarrassed!! And believe me - no one wants to see a 61 year-old woman without any clothes on Blush

Oh.my. Laughing so hard! Sorry JLynne Smile

You guys are hilarious and even more so as I sit here at the end of the day.....

Good Point Holly and indeed, missed miles are never lost forever especially when you are doing something for the kiddos instead.

Sorry Leslie! and impressive Ode Tet!

We had one of those too Tramps! The kiddo stuffed crayons in the disk drive when he was two years-old, but it was time to upgrade anyway. It looks strange now. I know what you mean about the weather. My 7 plus miler turned into a friskier paced run at 7:28 minutes per mile----spectacular weather here and the trees are showing off more and more every day.

I ran in NYC's Central Park yesterday morning and always love that. At 5:30 am the place was hopping with cyclists and runners of all stripes. Awesome! And I was there for a company retreat. We were planning our annual client conference where we bring our clients together to see how we are doing. We also check in every month. I agree Ribs---critical and essential and yet many consultants don't ask for feedback. I don't see how we can provide service never mind good service without feedback.

I knew what you were talking about, JLynne. Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

a post-work jaunt with LW - his paw is healing, but we are still taking it a bit easy.

Mondays and Tuesdays I have work and classes, so it is a joy and delight to have a moment on Wednesday to check in here. Today is no exception - wearing clothes in the pool, coke bottles to drain a boil, and more.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

C-R

Todays posts seem like a Forrest Gump box of chocolates to me.

Hope thing go um swell Leslie

I ran a nice 6+ around the Washington Mall tonight after spending all day on my feet at a show and with clients  a woderful refereshing run  

Slo reminded me I need to TP someone for Halloween  haha

Have a great one

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

rats, tom.  I thought we'd found another candidate for the moonlight swims.

Where's Robin and LaT when we need them?

running with all the humanity around Central Park sound like the 5K Imperial Palace circuit

is there a certain circuit of a certain distance?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow...quite a day here...Jlynne's skinny dipping in the pool and Holly's hugging Leslie's butt...and I loved that thing Tet wrote...whatever it was.

I had a tempo run, tonight.  The plan was to warm up for 2 at an 8:10 pace then 7 at a 6:40 pace, then finish it up with another 2 at 8:10's.  The first 2 miler went almost according to plan--16:02--then...well...there must be something in the air because I couldn't hold myself back for the 7 tempo miles.  6:34--6:32--6:32--6:30--6:33--6:33--6:18.  Then, as I was cooling down for the last 2, somebody tried passing me...so I picked up the pace toward the end of my last mile to keep him behind me...I know...I'm a jerk.

Okay...I gotta go...it's bedtime already.  Work--run--sleep.  Repeat. Over and over and over....