Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 10.11.13 (Read 45 times)

Slo

Of course...the home made cannon...how could anybody forget to mention that...

Exactly !  I know...right?  Big grin

Tramps

I want to see video of that cannon in action!

(That looks like a great bunch of folks.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

My SIL in Ohio has a potato cannon where they shoot potatoes into their backyard- must be a Midwestern custom.

We drove down early this morning to Brooklyn. Many relatives and friends arriving for M's nephew's bar mitzvah.

While Marj went food shopping with our SIL I ran 4 over the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan. The holiday weekend has brought out huge crowds I had to weave in and out of photo snapping people during my run.

I take it you have to build your own cannon.  Where the heck do you get a cannon building guide that produces a cannon that just shoots potatoes?  Then having found such a guide, why would you shoot potatoes?  Yes, yes, you should not shoot cannon balls. Now maybe confetti would be pretty funny.  But, a potato? Confused

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Here you go, TC.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Potato-Gun

one of many instruction sets.  Something to do when it's raining out and you're not running.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

one of many instruction sets.  Something to do when it's raining out and you're not running.

Okay, now that's funny...

I did 16 miles in 1:54:22.  I was supposed to do this run, tomorrow, but I want to run with the CC team, so I did it tonight.  Of course, after doing 16 miles at a 7:09 pace, I'll be lucky if I can walk, tomorrow, let alone run with those kids.

Speaking of those kids...yesterday was their conference meet.  The girls took 5th but had 2 All Conference and 1 Honorable Mention.  The boys   had 6 All Conference runners and won the meet pretty easily.  Next is Sections in a couple of weeks.

Okay...that's about all the energy I have...see ya.

Marathon Maniac #957

I take it you have to build your own cannon.  Where the heck do you get a cannon building guide that produces a cannon that just shoots potatoes?  Then having found such a guide, why would you shoot potatoes?  Yes, yes, you should not shoot cannon balls. Now maybe confetti would be pretty funny.  But, a potato? Confused

Maybe because it is ecologically friendly?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep...it's gonna be a tough practice...