Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 2.1.18 (Read 38 times)

''TomW - Are you in the deep end or are in the shallows and accessing the pool floor?''

......now that it doesn't hurt anymore,

I use the whole lane...

......as soon as my feet touch bottom, I start pushing against the water for added resistance..........it's a pretty decent work-out

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

...it has suddenly

dawned on me

tet's fascination with Water-Robics  is about Picking Up Chicks....

..............which could still count as Aerobic

Tammy - awesome picture!

Deez - that does sound like fun!

Marj - nice new place!

My run this morning got cut short when I had to run DD's forgotten bookbag to school and had a 7:45 meeting.

3 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Congrats, Henry and Marj, on the new digs.  when's the house warming party?  Denise was looking for an excuse to get together, you know!

there's some race in april that lots of people do - we could do something patriotic!

C-R

Bummer about the conditions Jay. Winter will be gone soon enough.

What a pic Tammy.

Sorry to hear Opus.

Way to go Marj and Herny. Sounds like a great find for you.

That's some group Deez. Enjoy the vacation.

Careful tom

Managed two workouts today. Very short "wake up" 2 miles in the morning and my 5pm workout with the tri/crossfit hill workout group. 3 miles of hills and jump squats and more squats after. Ugh.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

5.5 easy @ 8:02

"easy" because it felt easy, probably due to wearing my Skechers GoRun 5 racerweight shoes, listening to Steely Dan, and the mid-70 degree weather and clear skies.

bad news; I felt lightheaded and little queasy earlier today. assumed the flu caught up with me, probably because of visiting the doctor yesterday (didn't think about it until later, but I pushed elevator buttons and handled the tablet they give patients to fill out their questionnaire and marveled at how dirty and smeared it was; they probably DON'T clean them between patients!).

good news; like most times, a run cleared it up. felt kind of wonky the first mile, but great after 3.

more good news; my tan will be evening out after another shirtless run day.

Opus; sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, hospice was great for my Dad

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, greetings from Leavenworth....oh wait, not yet.  Actually managed to beat the bed magnet this morning (first time in a while) and got in 5 miles before work.  At lunch got in another 5.1 miles (trying to get a good jump on February, January was my best mileage month in a long time).  After work walked 2.5 miles.  There is a local half marathon this Saturday....but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and then temps drop into the upper teens.....so I'm not hopeful.  Luckily I haven't signed up yet (sponsored by the local Y so the cost isn't crazy high).  I'm going to play it by ear, after my accident two years ago I'm still a bit pathological about ice/black ice.

I also found out today that I'll be in my current position at least a few more months (figuring early to mid summer).  So a few more months to finally get in the touristy things (Kitty Hawk/Wright Memorial, Cape Hatteras, etc) as well as a few more months to be about an hour's drive from my oldest sister and mom.

Opus, sent you a text.  Just let me know.

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

opus - so sorry.  However, as per zigalina's post compared those of us who didn't make it back in time, you're fortunate to be able to be together.  Maybe a dad-run-a-day here-and-there you could regale him with and vice versa.

tammy - wow, great eclipse, especially

for those of us who only saw clouds.    
                How was GP for the eclipse?

Thanks.
                tom/holly - pickin’ up days are long gone
                but, fortunately, with 5% saline drops
                putting the Fuchs’ Dystrophy on hold,
                eyes are still okay for watching all the girls go by.
                Brother you don't know a nicer occupation.
                Matter of fact, neither do I.
                twocat: after being forced to study Latin in high school,

I vowed to study only languages with a little more utility

over here on the West Coast:日本語, 中国語, русский,

Don't they required foreign languages at the big schools anymore?
                ps - if I had to tell the truth about why I didn’t run today in a steady rain

that doesn’t bother me one bit one-way-or-the-other,

I’d say it was because of running rule no. 1

instead of other things going on but I won’t.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Opus - I’m sorry to hear that.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

well, i was sleeping so didn't see anything - plus it's almost always foggy where I am in the early mornings so doubt the viewing was much anyways, but some folks that live closer in town got decent pics. I figured I'd just enjoy real photographers, like Lori, who I knew would be getting up early to capture it.

tammy - wow, great eclipse, especially

for those of us who only saw clouds.    
                    How was GP for the eclipse?

Thanks.

Tammy

Mariposai

Opus, I feel your sorrow. I was there a year ago. My dad was also young, 76.

Tetsujin, our eclipse was amazing in Eastern Washington.

Marj, wow...sweet place...ohhh, I wish I could be in Boston to visit your new place 

Surly Bill, I always enjoy reading your posts. Nice run today.

C-R, my deepest admiration about your 2 workout day.

Falconfixer, are you talking about Leavenworth, WA?????????? you are so close to my hut.

Still no running for me. But I am enjoying the extra hours in the week I now have because I am not running long to make my life and my home gleaned of all unnecessary things. Simple abundance feels great!

Run a mile for me tomorrow, please.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

bioguy

Got in 7.5 after work Thursday; 1 mile warmup, 5 miles tempo (Hanson's plan that is marathon pace) then 1.5 cooldown.

SteveP

Surly Bill, I'm sorry about Wednesday's bad news. A cherished uncle had his annual exam when he was in his mid 60's. The younger Dr. said my uncle was as healthy as he. The Dr. passed away that night.

Opus77- I am sorry to hear about your father.

Tet, your Japanese lessons are ...... beautiful.

Congrats, Henry and Marj, on the new digs.  when's the house warming party?  Denise was looking for an excuse to get together, you know!

I was blessed to meet them. I kept wanting to ask for Henrun's autograph.

I got two miles in before work. It was a very heavy day.(normal Thursday and not a big deal) I dressed for the temps but not the windchill. (Just plain silly) At quitting time I settled down in my office and dove into the paperwork. Trying to type and write while shivering was interesting. I'm not complaining. After all the appetizers were logged and filed and phone calls were made I had warmed up and was ready to dive into the meat and taters of the paperwork. Our niece wound up in a ditch and the tow trucks were back logged. We live in the sticks and I knew what would happen before I even left work. I still made sure I had a tow strap and shovel.By the time I got there a line of pick up trucks and rednecks were waiting to see if the person in front of them would fail so they could have a turn trying to pull our lovely niece out. Yes, we can be called rednecks with out getting offended. One more truck pulled up behind us with their 4 way flashers blinking in hopeful anticipation.Sadly for most of us, the first vehicle in line got our ditched darling out on the first tug.  So...Friday could be a little tough. meh.

SteveP

...we need to mail Falconfixer a cake with a hacksaw in it.....

..........ps........thanks tet, I forgot I love that Song.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Surly Bill, I'm sorry about Wednesday's bad news. A cherished uncle had his annual exam when he was in his mid 60's. The younger Dr. said my uncle was as healthy as he. The Dr. passed away that night.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying