Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 3 (Read 368 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!! FINALLY - I see a 134 on the scale!! Smile I've been weighing myself every day this week and it has been pretty steady between 134.2 and 134.6. This mornings official number was 134.6 ...... due to picking up some fried chicken on my way home for dinner. I know, I know! I just didn't feel like cooking ..... I guess running a little less, eating on the fly and taking care of new puppies is the key. Good luck everyone!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

evanflein

Ms. Consistent checking in... 141.5 this morning. I should be happy that I've stayed the same since January... but the goal was sub-140 before Boston and it's just not happening. Oh well. Post marathon I'll work on it a bit, maybe. Oh, and JLynne and others, I know I owe you a roasted veggie process post... it's coming. I just keep forgetting about it when I'm home...
        140.1 for me this a.m. I am very, very happy to see that number as I was certain I'd gained weight on vacation. But nope! Big grin Ate a lot of fruit (excellent plums. Yummmm!), and I got hooked on Museli. I'm reading that sports nutrition book that Denise told us about, and am determined to take the advice to heart. My goal is to forgo my usual bagel w/cc and coffee except for maybe once a week, and eat a better breakfast of oatmeal or cold cereal and toast, or a couple of eggs on toast w/tomato, etc., as well as a good lunch, mid morning and mid afternoon snack, and a light dinner. I'm hoping I stay full longer and feel more energized throughout the day.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Well good job to all 3 of you! I didn't weigh myself this morning, so I don't quite know where I am. Judging by my pants, not too bad. Probably next week I'll begin to get more serious about that last 3-4 lbs.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Probably next week I'll begin to get more serious about that last 3-4 lbs.
            Did ya look at your marathon picture, woman? Your shirt is tucked in and your hips look so tiny. There's nothing to you! You DO NOT need to lose 4 pounds. Now I, on the other hand, have settled into middle age quite nicely, thank you. 124 this morning, which isn't bad. But last year at this time I was at 115-118 quite consistantly. Eating habits change? Nope. Running or exercising differently? Definitely not. I just finished a book on women turning 50 and they say everything settles in your middle, no matter how hard you try. Well, I'm not going down without a fight, darn it! Angry But, this is Easter weekend and it's been 40 days since chocolate.... I'd probably be doing better if I had that recipe for roast vegetables. Big grin BTW - congratulations to the rest of you "losers!"

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Did ya look at your marathon picture, woman? Your shirt is tucked in and your hips look so tiny. There's nothing to you! You DO NOT need to lose 4 pounds. Now I, on the other hand, have settled into middle age quite nicely, thank you. 124 this morning, which isn't bad. But last year at this time I was at 115-118 quite consistantly. Eating habits change? Nope. Running or exercising differently? Definitely not. I just finished a book on women turning 50 and they say everything settles in your middle, no matter how hard you try. Well, I'm not going down without a fight, darn it! Angry But, this is Easter weekend and it's been 40 days since chocolate.... I'd probably be doing better if I had that recipe for roast vegetables. Big grin BTW - congratulations to the rest of you "losers!"
              I will drink and eat dark chocolate to all of those sentiments JLynne!! Smile Come on Easter!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good job everyone! Holly, I want to see your marathon picture!! How do I do that? I want to use it as motivation! Please help. I am still 135 so I can't complain. Wink I have figured out that my weight is lowest on Sunday mornings, and highest on Fridays. Today being Thursday, it's about 2 lbs higher than where it was last Sunday. Makes sense I guess since I do my long run on Saturdays? Confused

Marathon Maniac #957

Fussyrunner - I just posted back to you about that on my race report. Check out page 2 of Tuesday's daily. Timbo re-posted the photo there, alongside one of my daughter from a couple years ago.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

if holly needs to loose 4 pounds, then I need to loose 40. Girlfriend you are stunning!!!!!!! I was aiming at a 135 come marathon day, I am 2 pounds over that right now and with tapertime it ain't going to happen. It seems like those 2 pounds are stock to my ribs and won't come off no matter what I do. Dead.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I'm at my ideal weight I think. Now I just need a challenge to grow in height, because if I could be about 3 inches taller, this ideal weight would sure look a heck of a lot better on me. Roll eyes

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, snork! Ok, Jlynne, I promise, it's coming. And so when I post it... then what? Wink I agree with you 100% though... 50 comes later this year for me, and I'll just have to crank up my efforts I guess, cuz I'm not going down without a fight either!
                          Fussyrunner - I just posted back to you about that on my race report. Check out page 2 of Tuesday's daily. Timbo re-posted the photo there, alongside one of my daughter from a couple years ago.
                          Thanks! You look awesome! I'm impressed that you can even hold a cup while running so fast! And I echo everyone's sentiments....you don't need to lose an ounce!!
                            if holly needs to loose 4 pounds, then I need to loose 40. Girlfriend you are stunning!!!!!!!
                            LOL -- i laughed when i read that cuz you are GORGEOUS mariposai but that is exactly what i was feeling!! but i am still eating my chocolate on Easter - no wine tho cuz i have to work 12 hours that night!! i lost 2lbs this week - back down to 137 but still have such a long way to go!! i seriously need 10lbs off from there easy and i too have that fabulous middle age mid-section -- GROSS!! not fair!! so i at least did about 15 minutes of core work this evening before coming back into work tonight -- just 12 hours tonight much easier than the 16 hour shift i pulled last night Roll eyes

denise

Prince of Fatness

March 27 - 168 lbs. April 3 - 167.5 lbs. April 10 - 169 lbs. Weighed myself yesterday but forgot to post. Up 1.5, but not surprised. There were a couple of parties this week. No worries, I'll get them back next week.

Not at it at all.