Masters Running

Thursday April 10th Master/Boomer Runs (Read 595 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sarge, you should definitely visit Austin and San Antonio! I think there's more to do in Austin, personally! Spareribs - you're right, we're having a great time! When I woke up in SA this morning, it was raining! I thought, "Well, this will be interesting," and then got ready to go. When my friend and I went downstairs to ask the front desk directions to Hemisfair Park, she said, "Just so you know, it's raining!" LOL. It was SO funny - I happened to glance out the window right as she said that, and there were about 5 or 6 guys in a pack running by. I pointed them out to the woman, but I don't think she cared. By the time we got going, the rain had stopped. We ran through the park, which had beautiful waterfalls, and then towards the King William neighborhood, which has gorgeous Victorian houses. It's the first time we've combined running and sightseeing - how cool is that! You actually have time to SEE stuff! A lot of people smiled at us, too. Gosh, I love Texans - I wish I could transfer their friendliness to New England. We had to stop at a lot of stoplights, and dodge big puddles, so it took us 1:02:17 to finish 5 miles - slow! But it was one of those runs where I felt strong and happy the entire time. A funny thing happened - out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a name on a law office sign that looked familiar - when I looked closer, I saw that it was the brother of a boyfriend of mine in college! How random is that?? "Arden Specia." One reason I knew I couldn't marry the guy was that "Teresa Specia" didn't seem too workable. Cool After our run, we went up to the hotel pool on the roof. There were walls with big windows, but no roof OVER the pool. You could float and look at the birds flying around the rooftops of the tall buildings surrounding the hotel. A different perspective! This afternoon, it was in the low 90s, and we went sailing on Lake Travis with my high school friend who keeps a boat there. This is one of the best vacations I've had in a long time!