Masters Running

Thursdaily, 3.29.18 (Read 37 times)

spacityrunner

Poor King Leon...but I am sure he enjoyed his walk anyway

Is is delightful to see Econo here..come back again!

I am home!  Changed to an earlier flight out and so glad I did.  My original flight was delayed 2 hours...and I would have missed my connecting and I would have been real grumpy.  As it was my "new" early flight was flawless.  Been busy getting things back in order but I am fading fast.  I have not run one mile yet this week.  Hoping to remedy that tomorrow after my retirement lunch.

Trails Rock!

Thanks, Bill.  I love to try different shoes, so I'm going to check them out.  I ordered up some Altra Duos and they came today.  I normally like the shoes I get, but I tried these on the treadmill and hated them.  They were supposed to be really cushioned, but I didn't feel like they were.  The bad thing was the sloppy fit and they came up too high on my ankle and dug in.  Back they go!

I'm liking Hoka Arahi right now-  and the Clifton 3 and 4.   Brooks Levitate for shorter runs.

I was curious about the duos. I had the original Olympus and liked them, but hated the Lone Peak-1. I haven't tried any since then, because I think I need a bit of a drop due to my achilles issue. My rotation since Fall has been the ultra road2, GoRun5, Kinvara, and Challenger3. I'll be wearing my Skechers ultra trail4 more now that the trails aren't too muddy to run on. I'm curious about the Bondi6 coming out this summer as a long run shoe. And the Skechers GoMebSpeed5 as race shoes, especially if a random pair shows up at my outlet for $30. It happens!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

I had a coworker tell me about how much he loves the Hokas. I know Aamos wore those during the Green Bay marathon where my feet got so beat up by the concrete, and she was fine. So, I might try them. For now, I'm still wearing the Nike Fresh Foam and the Saucony Kinvaras.

4.5 miles today, on sort of a "be careful what you wish for" bike path. A loader had gone by acting as a plow, and it really didn't do a very good job. Evened the surface out a bit, but mainly churned up the top inch or two of soft, slick snow so it was sort of a struggle. Nice to finish on a dry sidewalk, although I could've done without the concrete surface. Leg was "meh" for most of it, not "painful" but not something I could totally ignore.

SteveP

KSA-I'm sorry about your son. Everyone should feel safe when they pursue harmless recreation.

Deez - My heart is aching for your friend and her family. Every time I hear about that type of crime, my blood boils.

DW and I have granddogs and granddoggers. Depending on the gender of the hound.

Surly Bill - I love my Hokas. I told the fella at the running store they reminded me of when Reebok made running shoes. They still sell them, however, they quit making them decades ago.

SteveP