Masters Running

Fryday's Daily, 9.27.13 (Read 39 times)

evanflein

Oh Denise, so sorry for what Justin (and those close to him) is going thru. I hope he can get on the meds and get stabilized soon. you are smart to keep your running, you need that outlet to keep strong for him.

Best wishes to the racers this weekend. I was just thinking the other day that I'm sort of torn between being happy I don't have any races coming up, and wishing I had another opportunity to use my race fitness now! It is nice to just run how and when I feel like it but I've also noticed that some hilly runs are easier now, and the other night's tempo run was fun.... But it'll also be good to take care of so many things around the house that get put off when running miles is the focus of your days.... Ok, I'm rambling.

4.2 mostly easy miles today on an absolutely beautiful sunny fall afternoon. The sun on the bright yellow leaves and the crisp blue sky were stunning. Temps around 50, truly IRC.

Mike E

MM #5615

Deez...I'm really not a big hugger...but if I could, I'd give you a big one...you are definitely in my prayers.

Good luck to all the racers tomorrow!

Mariposai

Best wishes to the racers this weekend. I was just thinking the other day that I'm sort of torn between being happy I don't have any races coming up, and wishing I had another opportunity to use my race fitness now! It is nice to just run how and when I feel like it but I've also noticed that some hilly runs are easier now, and the other night's tempo run was fun.... But it'll also be good to take care of so many things around the house that get put off when running miles is the focus of your days.... Ok, I'm rambling.

Same here... I wish I have another opportunity to use my race fitness now...but that is not going to happen Cry

Acknowledging the reality that my next race will not  happen until next spring (yeahh...that is what happens when you are a hillbilly and there is no race around you unless you are willing to travel 400 miles)  is hard, but  I am starting to embrace the fact that my house will welcome my less structured running schedule...after all there is the family room and the extra room that needs a new coat of paint. Also the storage room is crying for my attention, ohh and the carpet need to be steam cleaned, living room chair-set need to be clean as well.

It is a good thing that I really enjoy homecaring !Big grin. Give me a Pandora music and I can paint a whole room in less than a day!

But for now,  I need to go to sleep because I have a box of plum waiting to be turned into plum chutney tomorrow!

Ohhh...no running today. Just XT.

A huge Butterfly hug to Denise!!! Praying for you sistahhh!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard