Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 1.8.16 (Read 38 times)

evanflein

I try to avoid the bright screens thing too, with varying degrees of success.

I brought all my stuff for an outdoor run, even with the layers needed for colder temps. But hmmm... at 2 pm it was still -6° out where I'd be running. Even with the bright (albeit setting) sun out there, I just can't find the motivation to go do it. So... today will either be another treadmill day or a rest day. I'll decide later.

This morning, it was about 30° and there was a light wind.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:27 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

buehrle I can drink to that list! What was that? No nightcap!? 

tomwhite I keep meaning to say that I had heard you are supposed to soak your toothbrush in Listerine when you have a cold. It always seemed like it would use up a LOT of Listerine. Unless you own a test tube. Do you just fill a single glass and use it for a few days?

Today was another elliptical day. Tomorrow I try running again. Man I hope all goes well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Marj, your pail of troubles reminded me of something I did when my kids were little. Both of them were anxious at bedtime, so I used to rub my hand all over their heads and say I was grabbing their nightmares and scary thoughts  so I could throw them away for good. Then I would open the window and pretend to toss them into the night.

I love this!

Spacityrunner - 60 degrees in January is sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."