Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 12.22.13 (Read 34 times)

...thanks for all

the feedback guys//............told Pickles I had an idea to either grab a tree or stop sign and THEN let the seat down....

she informed me I had Lost My Mind

ironically

TheLeg feels better than it has in Months

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

7.5 wet, windy, wandering miles.  Just mist/drizzle, but sort of blowing in my face.  I was happy with this run because I only wanted to do 6 miles, but the new route I picked was longer.  It took forever as I had Remi with me, and I had a potty stop, and we also stopped at the dog park for a little while too.  3 run days in a row.....starting feel like a runner again.

Holly, you are making me tired!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Got my plane ticket--one way--for 100 dang dollars! 

So...you're not planning to return to Minnesota?

Enke - you will always be a runner, even if you take the occasional hiatus....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

For those of you looking for farro you can get it online.  I also recently discovered wheat berries.  They are really good!  They taste a bit like farro but have some crunch even after you cook them.  As to my menu I think I may pull out the pumpkin and sausage soup.  I have a limited amount of pumpkin and it has to last until next fall!  I am going to try a southern dish:  shrimp and leaks with a tomato gravy on pan fried grit cakes.  I have never made this before, but I can do the grits a day ahead which means it will not be much work to finish this on Christmas day.

Today was an elliptical day.  Based on the weather report I think tomorrow will be one as well.  That is really too bad since it is supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow and after that . . . brrrr!  Have I mentioned how much I hate winter before?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Mike, you might want to look at a return trip eventually....

Shoveled snow and hardpack off the driveway for an hour, and it's still coming down. I swept the stairs clean and they have over an inch already. Oh well, good to get ahead of it. Then I set out to run for at least an hour, said I. Ha. I made it 5.2 miles in 44:44 and figured that was a good place to stop. Just no oomph. I'm blaming the snow shoveling I did beforehand. Certainly not the holiday party we went to last night till the wee hours....

32 miles for the week, and that was 6 days of running. I feel like I'm just barely hanging on to any semblance of fitness these days.

Mike E

MM #5615

So...you're not planning to return to Minnesota?

Oh, crap!  No wonder it was a good deal.

Actually, Ryan and DW are driving down with Ryan's ex-girlfriend....long story...but I don't have the time to drive down, so I'm flying down and driving back.  The good news is--it's only one takeoff and one landing.  Also...my DD called her MIL, who lives in Marco Island, and she is picking me up from the airport, letting me stay at her house for the night, then driving me to the marathon in the morning.  How cool is that?

32 miles for the week, and that was 6 days of running. I feel like I'm just barely hanging on to any semblance of fitness these days.

Yikes - I would love to be getting in 32 miles/week!!  I need to step it up for Boston training!!

Tried looking for Robin at the Somerville Jingle Bell 5k today but no luck - what a fun race!!  Ran right by the house I grew up in!!

Tied my PR time from Dec 1 but this course measured a tad long on most of our watches -- I had 3.18 in 24:04!!  2nd in age group altho I didnt find that out til later in the afternoon.  It's been a great weekend -- long run yesterday with MVS family, race today then visited with my friend who is home from Scotland for a couple of weeks!!  Very happy!!

Enke - you are definitely always a runner!

TW - glad you're feeling better!

Holly makes me tired too

Farro - love it, we have it in a lot of our local stores

Henrun - nice comeback run!

C-R -great long run

Ribs - hope that calf is better!!  Your son looks so grown-up!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Deez - nice racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."