Masters Running

Former Lurker, Now Contributing (Read 389 times)

Welcome, Jeff! I enjoy your posts. I didn't know you were that old (that's supposed to be a compliment!). You've got some great goals for next year!
    LMAO Big grin Big grin Thanks for making my day, Teresa!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

huskydon

Welcome Jeff! Good job on your marathon, too!
      wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome, Jeff! So are you from the Philly area, or did you pick that as your first marathon for some other reason? We have some members from that area, and I used to live there from middle school through college.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi Jeff, I don't post that often but I'm here too!!! Welcome, Francesca
            Welcome, Jeff! So are you from the Philly area, or did you pick that as your first marathon for some other reason? We have some members from that area, and I used to live there from middle school through college.
            Hi Carolyn - I live in the Philly suburbs. I chose that race as my first to stay local. I had a good idea of what my legs would feel like post-race, and the thought of an airplane or car ride was not appealing. Shocked Where did you live while you were out this way?

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeff, I lived in Ardmore (went to Lower Merion High School). My parents still live there. I went to college at Penn. What suburb are you in?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

jfa

Welcome Jeff, though we "spoke" before.Good job on your race,it was cold. My parents both grew up in Philly. My Dad was from S. Philly and my Mom grew up in Wyndmoor. Maybe we'll see each other at next year's Philly marathon! Good Luck!!!

Carolyn, I'm in Willow Grove (about 12 miles NW of Center City. Far enough from the city to not be affected, but close enough to get there. I work in University City, right across the street from Penn. I walk through the Penn campus alot, trying to get smarter by osmosis... hasn't worked yet. Joe, I hope that we do get a chance to meet. I've met a few RA'ers, and run with a few, too, and we're all great folks, if I do say so myself! I'm running the Broad Street 10 miler on 5/3, planning on the Philly Distance Run (1/2 marathon) in September, and if I don't do the Chicago Marathon I'm doing Philly again. Are you planning on any of those?

Jeff - I like your reason as to why you started running. I agree - sitting around getting fat did suck.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Jeff, Yo! from the other side of the bridge. I'm down Wildwood way...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!