Masters Running

Mondaily, 6.11.18 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Sorry Falcon, no suggestions here. I don't generally have knee issues. Now ankle and foot problems, I know all too well!

Happy anniversary, Dave! We don't do gifts either, but cards can be fun. A couple of years ago, we each picked out the same card for the other. That was pretty funny. I opened mine first and just cracked up.

Wow on those racewalking times, Jay. Not much else you can say, really.

Rest day here, which was fine as the weather sucked almost all day. It's actually cleared up a bit and gotten nicer this afternoon, but still pretty cool. We had frost warnings last night and again tonight, mainly for the low lying areas. At almost 900' we don't really have to be worried about it, but the cold temps do set the garden back a bit. I'll plant a couple more things tonight and call it good.

Hi Friends!!! Enjoying my time in Maine and wish I never had to leave!! I have a few weeks in a row where I have 1 vacation day/week and I must say working 24 hours and still getting paid for 36 is pretty sweet!! Wish I could figure out a way to do this indefinitely!! Lol

Lots of family time this weekend - hubby, 2 grand babies, 2 sons, 1 grand dog and my mom!! So wonderful!!

Today 22.2 miles on my bike, 4.2 run/walk miles using a 4minute run:1 minute walk then pool time with friends and out to see The Book Club with mom tonight! Great day after a great weekend!! Feeling very thankful!

Happy Monday night!!

denise

TammyinGP

FF - ITB injuries were my first injury and 11 yrs later is still something that periodically flares up.  I had my sports chiro work on the ITB with something most comparable to a Graston technique.  Basically, broke down the IT band, then I did some regular stretching as the IT band basically healed itself up.  regular stretching and foam rolling is a must for me, as well as strengthening the smaller, mostly ignored muscles, like adductors and abductors.  Stopping running while fixing and healing up the ITB is pretty important - just like with any running injury if you just taper back and stay under that threshold of "well, nothing hurts if I only do a few miles"  - then the injury is not really fully healing. you're just flying under the radar of it, ykwim?

Tammy

SteveP

Stumpy, I'm sorry to hear about DD's dog passing.

Tom White, I've used a silicon spray on my gears, bearings and chains. Though I've not been on a bike in years, I've had a few experiences when I lived in Houghton Lake, MI. I've gotten out of work and pedaled to both Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. I've tried riding no handed from H.L. to Lake City, MI. The hill at 7 Mile Rd had always done me in. Up stairs a few time. Jumping things no handed. Then a few dumb things.

Last summer when I was visiting my buddy, she walked right by a few pennies that were laying on the ground.  I stopped and picked them up and said something about finding them.  Her comment: "Yeah, I saw them."  And my thought was, "And you didn't pick them up???"  I pick up all change I see, even if it's "just" pennies.  The Hub and I joke that it's part of our retirement plan, but hey, money is money and I'm not proud.

. . . .

Doesn't every US coin say "I God We Trust"? DW and I use that as an excuse to count our blessings. When our last boss had new sales people work with me, I'd show them examples f how keeping track of nickels and dimes quickly add up into dollars. Then remind them that if someone chases nickles and dimes, that's how they value their worth. Free money is free money.

I worked at the 5K racewallking championships yesterday, and the level of the competition was amazing. The winner of the men’s race finished in 21:36, and the woman’s winner finished in 22:22. She was going for a national record, but there was no one even close to push her, and she didn’t quite make it. A Canadian racer set a Canadian M55 AG record in 25:24. 4 men were DQ’d for serious rule infractions. No women were DQ’d. I know you think I’m a dork, but I don’t often get to see racewalkers of this caliber up close, and it was pretty cool.

I get it.

Dave59, congratulations on 35 years.

Our new boss hasn't landed on our property yet, however, worked started on my office remodel. Holy surprise. I went in on Saturday and saw a number of issues that need research and cleaning.With out adult supervision, there's been a lot of sales person's slight of hand, number jumbling, robbing Peter to pay Paul and a few things that have caused me to drop my jaw, shake my head and do a double take. I saw a light at the end of the tunnel and I asked our inventory person to make sure it's a train and print a report for me. It turns out the new GM had wanted the report evaluated and finished by the time he starts next Monday. I respectfully told him that it will be done by the end of the month. I signed up for a half marathon on Saturday and I'm not going into brain dead and burned out. He's going to overwhelmed his first week or so anyway.

SteveP

bioguy

Hi

4.2 miles for me. I’m grading the ap biology exams in Kansas City Missouri this week and boy the weather here is humid!

SteveP

Ack!!! Thursday is DW's birthday and I'm writing a poem. What rhythms with "giblets" and "sumac"?

SteveP

bioguy

track