Masters Running

Mistletoe Run Half Marathon RR or arrrg (Read 241 times)

evanflein

Great race, Perch. Less than a minute off your PR with all you've done and been thru this fall. Not bad at all. Stop beating yourself up over it and enjoy it! You've had a really good year of racing, and that 8k PR shows your speed. If you were to focus on this race as a real goal I think you could PR it easily. You just have to figure out if that's what you really want. See you at Boston!
      Perch, this sounds like a really hilly course! You did a great pacing job despite losing the Ribs guy. I was not around, but you must have had a tough go of it this fall so I would say you are doing great! I agree with erika that you could easily PR if you decide to make this a goal race. Congrats on a well run race and a great age graded performance! Meg

Once a runner . . .

Excuses not needed! Didn't you just PR an 8K a little while ago....maybe you are still leg-tired from that. Hey, and where is the elevation graph? I know you are one of those data-junkies. Quite a good effort, please don't call that a tempo... Nice fashion sense too, but a picture would be better. I run in 2130's as well....love them.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thank you all for your support! I'm now primed to train hard (but safe) and target a 20K race in Feb. Thanks for the encouragement. Denise: Age Graded? Here's and excellent link: http://www.lollylegs.com/lollylegs/training/age_grade.htm

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

35 seconds too slow in a HM doesn't exactly make for a terrible day - this was a great finishing time, especially considering your lack of speedwork in recent months - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."