Masters Running

Friday, 2.17.17 (Read 36 times)

lamerunner

Greetings. Quite snowy in the Northeast!  I took a vacation day today to play in the snow.  Attempted Mt Mansfield, followed a light snowshoe track up for quite a while, then it stopped. Nevertheless, I  persisted for quite a while and got pretty high, but the trail breaking became too difficult and I was not sure  I was still on trail,so I retreated.  Weather was good, a bit windy, but I did not relish thrashing up a steep slope to a dead end. I had time to snowshoe up Stowe Pinnacle in the afternoon, where there was a  good track in, and good views.

I probably hiked 7-8 miles all in all. Some steep.

Yesterday, I ran 5.5 or so on roads then dd lunch yoga. I also went to see Garrison Keilor in "concert" in Burlington. Entertaining, but too long. He has more stamina than I do apparently.

Holly, your DD will be fine. Staying active is good for her!  If she is doing ok academically, I'd stay away from the ADHD meds. Erika, hope your foot keeps progressing. Rest... ( I know, it sucks)

Good running and happy weekend.  We have a mild forecast and tons of snow.

Holly S. I second lamerunner's sentiments.

stumpy77 if I were to get flack every time I forgot something and had to go waaaay back somewhere to get it . . . well I could protect a whole battleship from a missile attack!

Well I managed to get in my first long run for this training cycle today! I cannot say I am sorry it ended. Man it just takes sooo much time!

Along the route I take for most of my long runs (17+ miles) on the return part of the loop I cross this swing bridge.

It is notable for being "historic." One of the first ones built. It barely works these days. I think there is some danger that if they open it they will be unable to close it. What makes it really notable is that the state wants to replace it with a much bigger bridge. More to the point one that trucks can cross. The one you see in the picture has too little clearance for anything bigger than a van. But, that is just fine with the town. They do not want trucks using the local streets to bypass I-95 when it jams up. If the bridge is replaced per the DOT's plan the bridge will no longer impede the trucks. So now it is super duper historic! Lots of efforts by the town to stop the state from making any changes to the bridge other than shore it up so that it can open and close reliably and of course not fall down. Local politics sure is grand!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

3 miles after work in the rain. tomorrow's 10 miler will most likely be in the rain also. I'm running a 5K, but planning on turned it into my scheduled 10 mile run. A few miles warm up, the 5K and then another 5 afterwards.

Tammy