Masters Running

Weighting for the Pounds to Come Off (Read 310 times)

Arrgh.....it's official. Someone did bad things to my scale. 124 pounds on someone who is 5'3" is not a good thing. The candy and junk stuff is all gone but my weight hasn't changed. Can I blame it on a slow metabolism? I run 5 days a week and cross train on another. I can't imagine how much I'd weigh if I WASN'T doing these things. And I'm going to be 58 this summer. This isn't going to get any easier. I am totally depressed.

Marathon Maniac #957

Awww....Jlynne, I know how you feel.  That’s exactly how I felt when I hit 118 last week, at 5’ 1.5”  If it’s any consolation, most people would still look at 124 as a big success, weightwise.  We have a client who's 5'3" and 195 lbs.  Actually, she's probably more than that, but that was what she wrote on her Divorce Questionnaire (why they even ask that question in on our county form is bizarre to me).

I’ve lost a little of my travel bloat, and am down 1.5 lbs this week to 116.5.  My goal is to be 112 lbs by Memorial Day.

Do you know that a whole head of cauliflower has only about 65 calories, and a whole head of broccoli has only about 110 calories?  Time for me to stock up.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Jlynne...I know exactly what you mean....I would hate to think what I would look like if I didn't run ! People who know me....but don't know how much running, biking, swimming, strength training I do are amazed at what and how much I eat.

Now....after haveing said that.....and hopefully without offending anyone...I am down to a wieght I am comfortable with. 162 lbs !  A few extra less wouldn't hurt but at that weight my face looks too gaunt so a few extra pounds is alright. In January I was approaching 175 lbs......   That's when I wasn't running because of a stress fracture. 12 weeks = 12 lbs going up. It took 20 weeks to knock it off.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just back from a 3 day trip to Charlotte, NC with 6 other guys from work for a project kickoff.  So what do 7 guys on expense account (with the boss picking up the tab a couple of times on top of it!) do?  Salads and club sodas?  I don't think so.  Started out with Five Guys Burgers for lunch the first day, merging into Mexican for dinner, pizza (Meat lovers, of course) for lunch and then steak for dinner.................Did i mention a beer here and there?  So with only 20 minutes elliptical and a mile on the TM to counter the gorging, I return +5lbs in those 3 days.  193.  200 is getting much too close and I can feel it in my jeans.  Blah.  Guess I did it to myself.. now it needs to go away.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Yeah, Kevin, those work trips can be killers. I go to these conferences with receptions and buffets... I'm just too much of a piggy to be turned loose in those situations. Coming back with 5 lbs extra would be a success story.

I've been all over the place since coming back from Boston. Getting sick sure didn't help. I was down to 136 on Monday... which was fun to see on the scale but too much, too soon. Feeling better and stabilizing a bit, I think, to 139 the last couple of days. I do need to get control on my snacking (perennial problem for me) since I'm not running so much now. May will be a "cutback" month for me as I focus on the house/yard/garden and take a little running break before gearing up for the bigger races later in the season.

I forgot to weigh in, but . . . . . must . . . focus . . . on . . . keeping . . . mouth . . . shut!   With regard to food, that is.  Guess I need to get back into the habit of chewing gum all the time.

Then my co-worker goes and buys mini York Peppermint Patties.  Good thing I'm only there 3 days a week.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Arrgh.....it's official. Someone did bad things to my scale. 124 pounds on someone who is 5'3" is not a good thing. The candy and junk stuff is all gone but my weight hasn't changed. Can I blame it on a slow metabolism? I run 5 days a week and cross train on another. I can't imagine how much I'd weigh if I WASN'T doing these things. And I'm going to be 58 this summer. This isn't going to get any easier. I am totally depressed.

Perspective! I'm 1" taller and at 132.2.  (Same as last week.)  And I'm younger...so you are kicking my butt, at least!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

bad bad bad ........... cant believe someone is tampering with all  our scales!!  mine is out of control and to make it worse i didnt run/workout yesterday and today is looking like the same -- wish i could get my mouth stapled shut!!

p.s. i dont even want to tell you what the scale said today - too embarrassing as i am 5'3" (almost) and weighing way too  much!!

denise