Masters Running

Wet Wednesday, 1.11.17 (Read 34 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just dropping in to say hi before we go out to have a little birthday dinner with Eric.  I hope it goes well...I just never know what is going to happen when Debbie and Eric get around each other.  Debbie tends to says things that really need to be said and, of course, Eric doesn't like it.  But...it is dinner...and I'm hungry...so, I'll make the best of it.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Went to PT this a.m.  Ends up my pelvis is so off kilter, my right leg was about a 1/8" shorter than my left.  

1/8"?  How do they even measure a difference that small, when it comes to an entire leg?  I agree with Erika, everyone is lopsided, and if you were only off by 1/8," you would be one of the most symmetrical people on the planet.

Tammy - I PMed you, will give it a try.

Roch - they did tell us the technology has improved immeasurably (followed by some technical jargon that immediately made me sleepy), but yes, we will still get the internet and home phone through the lines.  Truthfully, between the Fire Stick and Netflix, DH and DD don't watch much regular TV (DS is almost entirely internet), so it may not matter much.  I DVR shows from FX, A&E, PPS, BBC and TCM mostly, and watch local news in the morning.  Given this, we may end up moving to an even cheaper tier.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

1/8"?  How do they even measure a difference that small, when it comes to an entire leg?  I agree with Erika, everyone is lopsided, and if you were only off by 1/8," you would be one of the most symmetrical people on the planet.

Symmetrical! That's the word I was looking for.

GL with the dinner, Mike, and happy birthday to Eric.

Good luck with dinner, Mike.  People don't like to hear things they need to hear, but maybe a birthday dinner is a time for peace between the natives.

I guesstimated on the difference just from when I looked down at my feet.  I was gonna say 1/4", but I have no idea.  It's just that the difference between the length of the two sides was noticeable.

The pup has been bailed out of the pokey, according to the Humboldt Paws Cause FB page.  I know you all have been biting your nails over this all day.  

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

janie b good

hello!  still have a slight cough, but i ran on the t.mill after work today!

run/walk 3.0 miles 44:22

and so it begins...

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

wildchild

Carolyn

Trying to catch up a bit, since we have a cell signal at camp. We're in Organ Pipe Cactus Natl Monument in southern AZ. Today I did a 6.4 mile trail run in the desert - so different from home! Van life is pretty fun!

Leslie, your story about the skirt made me smile.

Happy bday to Eric! Hope he grows into some sense.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

flats

turtle runner eximious

URD for me. Work went very very late.

Story time.

I got to my morning meeting, and it was still dark outside. From the parking lot, I looked into 2nd floor of the office building and witnessed a robbery in progress. There was about 6 people, all with their hands up. I kept watching, and after 20 seconds, they put their arms parallel to the floor. I kept thinking, this was an odd robbery. 20 seconds later, they all reached down to touch their toes. Son of a b*tch, they were doing yoga before the start of the day.

I am available for security if needed

Michael

catwhoorg

Labrat

Training all day.

Got home too tired to do anything.

Probably will be the same the rest of this week.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Story time.

I got to my morning meeting, and it was still dark outside. From the parking lot, I looked into 2nd floor of the office building and witnessed a robbery in progress. There was about 6 people, all with their hands up. I kept watching, and after 20 seconds, they put their arms parallel to the floor. I kept thinking, this was an odd robbery. 20 seconds later, they all reached down to touch their toes. Son of a b*tch, they were doing yoga before the start of the day.

Definite Snork!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Story time.

And see why I invited Flats to join us old folks....Smile He is a hoot. The story time get me going to the end.

My day??? Read Labrat's day...it was exactly mine as well.

CanadianMeg, how cold is it in your place today?

Tomorrow will be another day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Yay for shorts and 45o,  Stumpy!!!!

Henrun, I'm glad you got out.It's an aid to what ails ya.

Leslie, believe it or not, I can't relate to your skirt story. I think you'd be a good dog mom.

I hope Eric has a good birthday accompanied by an epiphany.

Well, Flats, at least we know you've got our collective backs.

It's extremely icy still. Even with cleats, I slipped a few times. One day closer to spring. DW and I went to a blood drive instead.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

and so it begins...

Yay!

Leslie - if you can see it visibly, it might be more like 1".

Mike - I hope it went well!

Flats -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."