Masters Running

Sundaily, 5.15.22 (Read 34 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Murray! is the Dirty Foot 21K in Kelowna? That's a heck of a drive: 800mi. It's only 350 miles from here. Wish I could still do those kinds of things. However, you should be in the running for an AG and not left out on you own way back on the trail like some people would be. Nice time of the year too. Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

What a great picture! Denise, your hair is so long! Is that Twocat's DW behind Hally/Barb? Jay, you're looking great! All of you do! Waaah! I wanted to be there! I'll get back to Boston sometime.

11.35 miles on the bike today, and 50 minutes of weight/core/strength stuff. That puts me just over 64 miles for the week on the bike. Although it was 4 different bikes and they all seem to measure things a bit differently. But hey, I'm sure it's at least over 60 miles.

TammyinGP

Love the photo!

9 miles at a nearby trail, it's a 3 mile loop that I ran 3 times.

Tammy

MurrayM

Murray! is the Dirty Foot 21K in Kelowna? That's a heck of a drive: 800mi. It's only 350 miles from here. Wish I could still do those kinds of things. However, you should be in the running for an AG and not left out on you own way back on the trail like some people would be. Nice time of the year too. Have fun.

Hi Tet,

Yup, It seems Kitimat is a long ways from pretty much everywhere.

Our daughter lives there now so that's where I have my annual skin cancer checkup. There aren't many official trail races in this area so I found the Dirty Feet race that's happening at the same time I'm down there. Would have preferred something with more than about 100 metres or so of flat ground running, but beggars can't be choosers 

Not gunning for a podium finish. Priority will be having fun, running/speed hiking uphill without exhausting myself and not risking life & limb on the descents. Hope to go fairly hard (using breathing as a gauge) but still have gas in the tank at the finish line.

Will be a learning experience for sure and I hope it isn't too hot!!!!

Dave59

Couple nice pictures today.

3.2 miles for me this morning. Felt better than yesterday's Parkrun.

evanflein yes that is my DW in the white top.

Mariposai still no phone purchase. It was close. We were planning to order phones, but found out they would arrive while we were away. That seemed like a bad idea, so we will wait until we get back to order them. Who knows, maybe the price will drop again.

Great meetup! Wonderful company for the afternoon. Traffic out was slow for stretches. Fortunately, on the way back it was all clear.

This morning I tried running with a local running club. I have not been out with one of the local clubs in probably a decade. There was only one group going out and, alas, their pace was way too slow for my comfort. I will try another couple of times and see what happens before throwing in the towel.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Jay - I'm glad the auction was fruitful.

Holly' -  Our 1 1/2 year old granddaughter, Magnolia, walks around repeating "shoes. shoes. shoes". Have you been teaching her things?

Erika - It sounds like your having fun.

Doug - Getting the seasonal/migrant workers has been a building issue in our area too.

Mariposai - I have fungus envy.

Mrrun - That picture!

I got a mile and 3/4 in.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

NE meet-up - lots of good food & drinks!

I love this!  Jay, Henry, Marj, Hally-Barb, Twocat's DW, Denise, LaTortuga, Kevin and Twocat.  And I am happy to say that I have had the privilege of meeting all at one time or another over the years, although I don't think I have met Jay IRL.

Karen - glad you got to spend some time with your DS.  And I totally agree about airplanes - I always wear jeans and shoes and bring a jacket, no matter what the season, because it is often cold on the planes and in the airports.  I see women in summer dresses and flipflops and think, how can they be warm?

Erika - enjoy Austin!  You deserve some warm weather.

Murray - that is a long way to drive.  How long does that take?

Twocat - what kind of phones are you buying?  DH and I are looking to buy soon as well.

Steve - how on earth can Magnolia be 1 1/2 already?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

And I totally agree about airplanes - I always wear jeans and shoes and bring a jacket, no matter what the season, because it is often cold on the planes and in the airports.  I see women in summer dresses and flipflops and think, how can they be warm?

And you never know when you’re going to land in the Hudson.

lol, Mike.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

And you never know when you’re going to land in the Hudson.

And there's that, too....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I know this guy who, when they started making you take off your shoes, got away with not wearing any at all and, when they'd tell him to put on his shoes, he'd take out the flipflops from his pocket and put them on just like used to have to do in IM races where "shoes and shirt are required on the bike and run courses.. I'm sure glad I'm not that kind of a jerk, . . . anymore, . . . I don't think.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MurrayM

Murray - that is a long way to drive.  How long does that take?

Takes us at least two days, because we both photograph (me: mostly landscape...she: mostly birds/wildlife) plus I have a sister living in Smithers and other relatives scattered around the Province.