Masters Running

Fri 25th July Runs and Thoughts (Read 502 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Mask and snorkle for me.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Mask and snorkle for me.
      A slacker and a comedian. Roll eyes

Be safe. Be kind.

Leslie... it's a challenge sometimes, and a huge cause of unproductivity at work for me at least... Big grin
        Shhhh, me, too. Don't tell my boss!
        Off for my nooner . . .
        Say what?!? Wink

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie - I'm pretty new here and have a hard time keeping everyone straight, but I'm trying! My problem is that a good friend of mine at work is also a member of RA so she'll catch me if I were to post all day long. That is if I don't catch her first Wink perchcreek - That's funny ... lol stumpy77 - Gotta get me one of those hat washer things...sounds just the ticket....and find a hat or 3 that fit. WillRunForBeer - Will definately check out the cloths from BB&B if I fail to find the old cloth diapers. Thanks everyone for sharing your solutions!
          Dave59

I found an old disposable camera at the house and I took it with me to Cedar Point to use up the remaining shots: Here is one from the Great Lakes Loons 5k Pennant Race back in April of 2007 when the new stadium just opened: And another: Cedar Point Hotel and Beach:

Manchild

Wow, I guess I missed some "stuff"! Ribs, you, you, you are in my prayers. I'm thinking of DeNiro but I am so eager to read each and everyone of your posts. Bill, I too, was touched by your description of your former DW. I was actually on a teetering stool in an attic with an extension cord around my neck and cast over a collar tie at one time during my first marriage... I haven't shared this past with many. Love is a fickle emotion for sure... Oh, but I digress... I ran 4.72 miles easily in just over 45 mins. My bruised left knee (from a fall at work) is much improved. Chris
                No mention of Manny's knee being drained in the Globe today. have to check and hope it's not true Sad Nothing like a Friday night Sox/Yanks tilt for excitement!! Kevin
                I'm going home, the game starts in 5 minutes!!!! Manny Schmammy--David's back, David's back, David's back, la la la, la la la! grins (I hope Big grin Big grin Big grin) A ps didja hear there's been a run on Madonna masks in Beantown? Watch what happens when ARod comes to bat!
                Masters 2000 miles
                  spareribs, it's a disappointment that things did not go as planned yesterday. The new plan sounds more serious but makes sense to my untrained mind. In trying to find a silver lining, perhaps getting both problems fixed is for the best. I'm glad your client was understanding. I assume you've dealt with them before and part of their understanding is based on the good impression you've left them with. Good luck as you continue taking care of things. dromedary, it's nice to hear from you. deez, it's nice you and your husband could celebrate your anniversary with a dinner date. Also, deez, I'm concerned about you being so tired that you need to stop on the way home from work for a nap. I do commend you for realizing how tired you are and not trying to continue driving in spite of it. breger, your story is a tough and touching one. My wife had a brother who committed suicide and no one suspected there was a problem. We can't help but wonder if there were signs we would have seen had we been a little more aware and knowledgeable. It's definitely a terrible thing to have happen to someone, especially someone you're close to. Nice long runs for perch and hopeful. Yesterday I went down to Lansing as my daughter had a statistics test today and wanted me to help her study. As a result, I was up past my bedtime, didn't sleep real well on her couch, and woke up earlier than usual. It was about 60 degrees and humid and I struggled through 3 hard miles in about 31 minutes for a 10:19 pace. I waited around until my daughter was done with her class. She felt she did well on the test. We then met my son and the three of us played 9 holes of golf. We had a fun time. While driving across campus, it's common to see student running which I think is great. Today, I saw two girls running, one dressed like most runners. The other, however, was wearing a dress that made me think of a sarong. She was also running barefoot. It was unusual, but neat. I thought of tet while watching her run by. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                    I started to post a few times after reading today's thread and just couldn't get it going. I was in the Charlotte/Douglas airport waiting to board a flight home. I had tears running down my face and also laughed out loud a few times. You are all amazing my cyber running friends (and those I have met in person---even more amazing). I was profoundly sad as I thought of a college roommate who ended her life as well as a cousin. One of the running Js lost two sisters to suicide and we run to remember them all. Thank you Bill----a huge hug to you and yours. My brother's descent into drug addiction began soon after I interrupted his suicide attempt when he was 16. In some ways he has just chosen a slower method and I have tried to help in various ways for 23 years now. Spareribs---I know you will be the tough and strong man you are as you face these next days and weeks. Thanks as well for sharing all this. And don't make me unpack my candy striper uniform! There wasn't a better candy striper at Upstate Medical Center in 1976 and 1977. I will be in Texas in mid-August. Big grin What you wrote about clients is so important. Thank you for that as well. Chris---I am so glad you are here. Thank you for sharing something so significant. The heart bears so much---tough stuff for this most essential muscle. I have been posting for less than a year and yet feel like it's been many years with great friends. I did run this morning in Boone, NC. Even though it was a rest day on the schedule, I couldn't resist. It was 60F and beautiful out and I wanted to run up the hill that leads to the chancellor's home at Appalachian State ( an incredible person by the way). It's a lung buster, but a sweet trot on the way down. 5 miles at 6 AM....quads quaking and cobwebs in my head cleared out. We are off to Cape Cod early in the AM for a wedding. There will be lots of runners there, so the runs will continue along with some celebration. See y'all Monday! CNYrunner/Karin
                      Spareribs- You're in my prayers everyday. But being in the fine physical condition you're in I'm sure you will do fine. I volunteer at the local hospital and all the heart patients I've seen were not in as good a physical condition you are. Early morning 5 miler, easy pace. My daily swim later, 400 meters.
                      munchkn883

2.5 miles for me this evening. I can't believe I've actually walked two times this week! Ribs -- You and the Saint are in my thoughts and prayers.
                        SteveP

A lot of heart felt posts here today. Loyya good feelings too. Sweet. Karin, I feel for you and your brother. At the beach yesterday, the only teen doing running front flips into the lake was 47. Today, while securing windows for delivery, I could really feel it in my lower abs. As there is a race tomorrow, I didn't run tonight.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

handymom--can't remember where I got mine, but you can find one here for reference. http://www.seenontvproducts.net/capwasher/index.html?gclid=CMap3qXA3JQCFQOaFQodeEb1SA

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I'm touched by how close you all are, and wish the best to those who are going through trying times, be it physically or emotionally. Re washing the hat - the running hat I wear is here: http://www.zombierunner.com/store/categories/clothing/hats/product623.html and http://www.zombierunner.com/store/categories/clothing/hats/product158.html. Both are machine washable and very comfortable.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance