Masters Running

Saturday, August 2nd - another weekend is here (Read 414 times)

TammyinGP

Nice new PR Teresa! Congrats! Enke/Evan - I do use USATF to map out my routes, but I don't think it's that far off. I pick different routes all the time, but when I've mapped a certain route and when I've run the same route with John - who does use his Garmin, it only varies by about 1/10 mile. I am sure my stopping to eat berries, taking a few walk breaks as well as about 3 miles worth of hills, in which I was probably averaging about 12 min/miles (they were steep!), really did make my overall run a slow pace. Fortunately, I don't care too much on exact distances, etc. As long as I'm enjoying my run, it's good enough for me.

Tammy

dg.

My focus on this point is not even on getting back to running, but on healing properly, so I don’t have a nagging injury for years to come.
      another day slipped by & i haven't even had time to read more than just a few posts this morning. out of time right now, but i coudn't let this one slip by. Holly, (is that you??) well said!! i've taken 2 days off. so there. tomorrow i plan to run. carefully. and stop at the first sign of pain. oh, that hurts even to type. hope you all had a great day. tomorrow i'll check on all the races & on Ribs. wondering about Mainerunnah.
      Mariposai

I hope your Saturday is going Fantastic. My day started with a 5:00 run. 10 miles coach approved LR after the relay last weekend. Then I worked for 2 hours in the garden, the war with the weeds still continues Roll eyes Then my son and his college friends invited me to hike with them. We hike for about 2 hours, but had to stop to pick the monster huckleberries we were finding. A gallon later we decided to quit and come home. Pay back time now...the kids wants me to cook dinner for them...or...I should say...I wanted to cook dinner for them since they were such good troopers while picking the huckleberries for me. Off to put some burgers in the grill and to make some tabbouleh salad.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

No PR for me today, but I did finish the Sea Isle City 10 Mile Beach run in 1:31:47. I'll write up a race report later, but the post-race party at my friends' place was outstanding. Big grin Just got home...Race was done for me at roughly 7 p.m., and nothing better than ending a stinking hot race with a dip in the cooler than usual ocean. Ahhhhh! Goodnight all, and I'll just say 10 mi. is such a joyful distance for me. Even without proper training. Exciting news on the new PRs!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!