Masters Running

Tuesdaily 11.19.19 (Read 45 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

anneb you would hate to have my marathon fueling strategy! Even miles divisible by 4 I take an electrolyte tablet. All other miles a ShotBlock. A friend of mine looked incredulously at me after hearing this and said in a tone implying I was crackers, "you do math while running!?"

I don't think I'd want my running math to be so good so as to require six electrolyte tablets and 20 ShotBlocks/marathon. Do you do ingest the same during long training runs?

tetsujin209 that is a clear as day rule #1 violation!

twocat - mea culpa

Rain in the yard at j-o'clock is one thing but, according to the forecast, the rain should have abated by 6am so I went back to zzzz and was thinking that, though a little was still falling, it'd be over by the time I got up to the Hillside.  Unfortunately, it just got worse and kind of gave me an appreciation of the rule, after all.  Maybe I'll do penitence tomorrow and do two circuits, . . .unless the forecast is wrong again and it's still raining.

ps - for some reason, I'm getting all kinds of internet ads for vacations in Mongolia. Maybe I'll post something about vacation travel to Japan.  Are you getting any for Hong Kong?

Reviews Discover Mongolia Travel

We did 2 tours with Discover Mongolia

4 Day Gobi Dessert Tour and

the Day tour to Turtle Rock.

it was a fantastic experience.

Both guides where excellent

great people.

Date of experience Jun-2018

Highly recommended

ps - vacation travel to Japan - Kyoto, Hakone onsen,

Hanzomon Arc Hotel, Tokyo Marathon, Mt. Fuji, geisha, . . .

Doug - lots of action for you but seems all under control

Wildchild - too much action for you and DH but

sounds as under control as possible. Good luck.

KSA - any ugly-sweater/ugly shoes runs?

You almost make shoes sound like fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all,

Wildchild, sorry to hear about DH but glad the prognosis appears good.  Will keep y'all in my prayers.

KSA, I really need to do the Monkey before I get much older (and PCS again).

Leslie/Roch, too funny with the turkey stories!  I'd run the Katy Trail from time to time when I was assigned to Whiteman AFB, MO.  One area the trail ran by had a crazy (lost count at 20) number of turkeys.  Too far away to be bothered by me.

Thanks to all regarding that position.  Going to get advice from my current and former wing commanders as well as my functional manager.  He and I were captains together years ago and he is a big picture guy (one reason he made Brigadier General and will likely get a second star) and his opinion will be valuable in a lot of ways.

As for running, I went to the base track and did 3 x 1 mile intervals.  Considering Sunday's long run, went way better than I expected.  That may have been due to having to run around some Officer Training School cadets who for some reason thought lane 1 going into the curves was a good place to do push ups....future 2Lt's!  That got me to wondering if I run better when I'm angry/annoyed.  I don't think so (especially for longer races) but maybe so for shorter ones/intervals.

Anyway, have a greta night everyone!

Tet- maybe you could paint your feet!   

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

This is one day I am so glad I have a few minutes to read the daily otherwise I would have missed Roch's wildlife fun run adventure, dnaff's sad moments of saying goodbye to Pierre, twocats fight and victory in changing his email address, tetsujin's inspirational post, Holly's DH having a back procedure, etc.

Have I told you lately how blessed I am to be part of this group?

Today I actually ran 3 miles and walked home after work. We are down to one car in the Posie hut because last Thursday a deer ran in front of our SUV as I was going to a work meeting. That trip was one expensive business trip considering that the government reimbursement is about 56 dollars per mile. The meeting place was less than a hundred miles away.

Tomorrow is more walking to work since the Easy Pacer is spending the night as a volunteer at our local homeless shelter tonight  and we will cross paths in the morning.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Those are some pretty crazy shoes, KSA. Look comfortable. So the half is a different day from the full? What's the point of that?

Dnaff, kind of funny to describe him as a not particularly good cat. I'm sure Pierre would've thought otherwise. Even so, it's sad to have them go. There's definitely a hole in the home aura when they're gone.

I saw some turkeys when I was running in Spokane, that was pretty cool. I'd never seen wild turkeys before, but it was obvious that's what they were. Here we have sandhill cranes, swans, ducks and Canada geese. No turkeys. Certainly nothing as big as Buicks! Except for moose. Those are bigger than Buicks.

GL on the job application, Falcon. Might as well go to you, right? As someone said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The only thing more terrible than cancer is how many varieties of it there are. So sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis, Wildchild, but it sounds like it's a good prognosis with treatment? I sure hope so.

Mariposai... 56 dollars per mile? Sounds like maybe that should be 56 cents? At 56 dollars per mile, I'd claim every mile I could! It sounds like you are ok after the deer collision, so thank goodness for that.

I can't remember enough  specifics to comment more. Oh, other than to wish Jeanne best of luck with recovery from that eye procedure. Bleh on eye stuff. Just can't imagine.

We got more snow today, quite a bit but not as bad as it could've been because freezing rain was in the forecast and we didn't get that. But it made enough of a mess out there that I didn't want to deal with it. So, came home and ran 10k on the treadmill, progressive pace going from 8:50 m/m to 8:13 m/m. Basically increasing .1 mph every mile, starting at 6.8 mph, mile 6 at 7.3 mph. And I didn't stop once. Felt pretty good about that even though at 4 miles I really could've used a drink. But oh well. Got it done. Will try an outside run tomorrow.

SteveP

Hey Steve - is winter off to an early start in Michigan too? We never had fall here!

I was taking down decorations on Halloween night and a snow plow went by.

Tom White, ice ice baby

AnneB, nice accidental 6 1/4.

Roch, turkeys can be feisty. I'm glad the driver came back to apologise.

Dave, I'm working on nurturing the happy traits and hope those take.

Dnaff, I'm sorry the hear about Pierre.

Holly, I hope DH's back heals quickly.

Tet, nice.

Commander Gander, thanks for the delightful read.

Leslie, Snork.

TwoCat, can you imagine that?

(((((Wildchild))))). I hope DH responds to treatment quickly.

Paul, I'm about Joe.

Posai. nice three.

Erika, I do the same on the treadmill, except I goose the speed every half mile. I start at 4.7 anymore.

One mile on the mill before work trying to loosen up. It may have been a bad idea. I took Dunkin out for a one mile walk after.

SteveP

....[[[wildchild]]]..............this is the same leukemia Pickles has,

if you want to,

send me a message on his treatment and if I know anything I'll let you know

at our pharmacy seminars, I was encouraged on the progress made in leukemias

one of the juvenile kinds

showed an 80% remission rate

also

Car-T Therapy appears to be very promising,

and

at least one of them (ALL) was covered by Medicare

I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear this

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....