Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 04/05/09 (Read 358 times)

Hey master run & xtraining group it's Wed and time to recap last weeks's runs and workouts. Let's get this party started! dg, I'll do the music, but I'm recruiting eliz for the singing. We need some chip and dip, refreshing beverages, and maybe a hot tub. Anyone? Anyone? .....Beuler? Dutchie42......61.56 K running (that's 38.2516106 Miles for those of us who are metrically challenged) Very nice! Plus lower body and ab work outs. Gettin' er done in the dreadful wind and the rain. evanflein.......39 miles running, 30 minutes pool running (all the pools I've been to have no running rules Confused Wink ) 2 miles of walking plus a birthday party for DS1....Happy 17th! After a particular rough attempt at a recent long run, I tried a cutback week plus some motivational training for the mind. It worked perfectly....I got back in the groove right away....I hope it works for you . eliz4015.......13 miles of running, 2 miles of walking, some strength training and vocal chord workouts. Verdi Requiem....I'm sure it was beautiful. Pfriese.......37 miles of running. Nice work, Paul. nowor........14.5 miles of running plus strength training and yoga. Lookin' good. dg...............19.8 miles running in a cut back week. 10 miles of biking, 2hours 45 minutes of weights, 22:06 on the arctrainer, 37:26 on the elliptical and some walking in uncharted territory Smile Now that, my friend, is xtraining! evryday.....18 miles of running, 18" of snow, and snow shovel intervals. missing in action is fatozzig, still down under, where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover. Enjoy and safe returns.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Mon......6miles......6miles Tues....3miles......birthday party for niece Wed.....9miles......9miles Thurs...rest...........rest Frid......6miles......6miles Sat.'.....rest...........3miles Sun.....20miles...20miles Total....44 miles
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Dutchie42

Thanks for starting the thread Wink Mon.....chest, shoulders and biceps. Wanted to do a recovery run but ran out of time. Plus 13K bike commute. Been having dizzy spells all day whenever I looked down. Not good. Tue......Still having dizzy spells. Decided against running. However, was really antsy by 6AM. Hopped on the TM and did 3.5K. By then I had a 2nd bathroom stop and gave up. PLus 13K bike commute. Wed....OK, my dizziness has been diagnosed. Hope I can explain this in English. Diagnosis is vertigo caused by insufficient blood flow from the neck. When I look down or up or move my head sideways too fast, something gets pinched in my neck resulting in less bloodflow to my head/inner ear, causing vertigo. It should resolve on its own in a few weeks. I did a 13K bike commute and a near 13K bike ride to the doctor''s office. Thu.....back and shoulders today plus13K bike commute Fri.......13K bike commute Sat......nothing to report Sun.....21K long run in very nice spring weather Total run mileage: 24.5K UB: 2x LB: none Abs: none Total bike mileage: 78K I should add swimming back in. Really enjoyed that when I was being coached, but without someone waiting for me at the pool, it's just not happening.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Monday - still exhausted from singing such a big gig on a school night, so . . . REST; literally; taking a nap so I can get up for "House" at 8:00! Shocked Tuesday - still exhausted and now body aches and stomach a little "off" is added to the mix; might have caught the bug that all of my friends have had recently? ShockedShocked Wednesday - still in a bit of a funk, so giving in to the lead in my fanny for one more day Thursday - finally got off my lazy fanny to run 4 and walk 1 - felt greta Smile Friday - straight from school to a Phillies (exhibition) game with the family - it MUST be spring Cool greta fun watching my nephew walk on the field with his Cub Scout pack; more greta fun when the Phils beat the Rays - wasn't exactly like being at the World Series, but still . . . . . Saturday - still out of sorts Sunday - found enough mojo on the boardwalk to run 6.4 and walk 1.0 Summary - weird week; no ambition, but no regrets about it either; ran 10.4; walked 2.0; glad to be on spring break, when my job won't interfere with my running Wink Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

thanks evryday! a party. you'll do the music. what should i bring? Monday... 40 min. PT exercises & core stuff. not real exciting. well. if it works it will be exciting! Tuesday.. w/u walk, 4.61 mile run 9:35 pace, 16 min. on the bike, 2 sets lower body weight machines except for the hamstring curls, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. Wednesday.. 4.58 miles, pretty much a 9:30 pace. or 9:49, depending on how you look at it. tried some new things this morning, but didn't have race paces to plug in... (1 m at 10K, 1K at 5K, etc.). went pretty well all things considered. 16 min. on the elliptical, & just 10 min. of upper body weights. was late. almost ran out of gas at 5 am. on the way there. Thurs: 40 or 50 minutes of something Confused. shouldn't let myself get so behind. strength training of some type. Fri:. 5.02 miles, 9:10 pace, 10 minutes of weights. Saturday I forget. pt stuff but not sure how much. Sunday; 8.05 miles, 9:40 pace, 35 min. of strength training. an ok week in some ways, have added a little bit of speed -- relatively. but too busy, had to leave the gym early twice. so less other stuff. they don't open till 5:00. what 's up with that? anyway, totals, or close enough to: more walking in uncharted territory. will make a map soon. 22.3 miles running, 16+ min. on the bike, 16 min. + on the elliptical 2hrs. 55 min. strength training. Dutchie, dizzy because of your neck? what's going on with that? Erika, how's your toe? evryday, my gym has a nice whirlpool. hmm. don't know if they'd like us bringing snackies. maybe we should see if someone else has a better option. do you want organic, wholegrain chips?
            evanflein

Party indeed... Hmmm, will have to see what this week brings. Plan is for lots of pool running, but we'll see how that works out. I bailed on my long run Sunday (again) but tell myself it's ok because it was a cutback week anyway. Last 20 miler scheduled for this Sunday... Monday: 45 mins Pool Running with 9-10 (lost count) hard effort laps followed by easy "pace" Tuesday: 60 min. Pool Running with 20 mins of "interval" type stuff Wednesday: 10.6 mile progressive run on the TM, 8:30 avg pace; .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Thursday: 6.1 miles at tempo effort, 8:06 avg pace; .25 mile walk c/d Friday: "rest day" (if chipping ice and hard pack in the driveway is rest...? Saturday: 9 hilly miles, 8:28 avg pace; .25 mile walk c/d Sunday: 21.2 miles, 8:28 avg pace (again), .35 mile walk c/d Totals: 46.9 miles run, 1 hr 45 mins pool running, 1.51 mile walked Deb, I had to stop and think... my toe? Obviously it's fine. I'm going to lose a couple of toenails here real soon... holdover damage from NYC (yep, takes that long for them to work their way off). Metatarsal soreness is still the big problem and I can usually manage it pretty well but it flares up from time to time, sometimes for no reason I can find.
              dg.

Deb, I had to stop and think... my toe? Obviously it's fine. I'm going to lose a couple of toenails here real soon... holdover damage from NYC (yep, takes that long for them to work their way off). Metatarsal soreness is still the big problem and I can usually manage it pretty well but it flares up from time to time, sometimes for no reason I can find.
                I'd wondered because you said this.... "New shoes seemed good, I think I'll keep them. But by mile 7 I started feeling pressure on my right big toe. Not sure what's going on there. My feet are stoopid." which i remembered because toes catch my eye, oww. (hee). my foot stuff flares up when i don't give it enough warm up.
                pfriese

Thanks Evryday, Still working on building my base back up. I may run with OKC-MM training group on their 20 miler on Sunday., Other than that, no real plan other than running by feel. M - 8 miles running - done T - 8 miles running - done W - 8 miles running - done Th - rest day - done F - 8 miles running - done Sa - rest day - done Su - 20.2 _______________________ Total - 52.2 miles running Paul
                  Dutchie42

dg: yes the dizziness is caused by movements of my head. Eg when I look down to read, then back up again I get dizzy. Or when I'm sitting at my desk and someone stands at my desk, I have to look up when talking to them. Once they leave and I move my head into a normal position, I get dizzy. Same when looking side ways. So there's something going on in my neck. Doc said there's no treatment and can't pinpoint a cause that brought this on. I've having neck issues for a few weeks now, so I'm hoping my PT can be more clear about it. I'm seeing him this Saturday.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

nowor

Thanks Everyday, Sorry about the snow shoveling intervals. Now that it's April maybe they were your last? Crud is finally leaving my head. Mon-4.5 mi Tues-strength training and core/ball classes W-4.5 mi Thurs-ball/core class AM; yoga PM Fri-7.5 slow mi in drizzle Su-yoga Summary; 16.5 mi plus stuff
                      dg.

Dutchie, that worries me about your neck. What did the PT say? Erika, happy taper Smile. glad things are going better for you. nowor, glad the crud is leaving.