Masters Running

Tuesday, June 10th Daily (Read 520 times)

evanflein

Another 1.5 miles on the treadmill convinced me... those Asics Nimbus 10's are not for me. They go back tomorrow. I'm really disappointed in that. I might try the 11's... but from the local Athlete's Foot here. I dropped DS1 off at soccer and then jogged to the nearby H.S. track, almost a mile away. Then I did several (6? lost count) 200 m intervals with 200 m recoveries. Sometimes I jogged, sometimes I walked... Turned off my timer on the Garmin a couple times when I meant to hit the Lap button. (I was doing this manual, not with the interval function) I'm really not very good at keeping track of this stuff, but I did seem to manage several 45-49 second intervals, which was cool. Not sure that I can string 8 of those together for my mile race on Thursday, but it was a good test... Oh, I wore my Nike Air Pegasus shoes... they seem ok. Holly and Enke, I order a bunch of shoes at a time and try them all out. Usually send most (if not all) of them back. That's why Zappos' free return shipping is so good for me... I have really hard to fit feet, so go through more shoes than Blondie Bumstead trying to find a pair that fits!
      for all of you sweltering on the other side, today we had... snow?! not quite down to our elevation but pretty darned close! and we're having a wedding here in just two weeks... we also start and end every run with a hill, as well as several on the regular route (though i sometimes cheat by parking on the edge of town and running out route 20, which is relatively flat. i run from the house, but walk the quarter mile that is steepest as my "warmup". and i love flying down the hill at the end of the run. 3.55 miles today; the garmin decided to work again after going on strike for a couple of days, not sure what's up with it. took it slow since the legs were feeling a bit achy after back to back 7 and 6 miles (i've been building up again). enjoyed the wildflowers. good run, susan