Masters Running

Saturday February 15, 2014 Still Snowy Runs (Read 31 times)

NHLA

I only run 5 miles with my IG but he can run 6 min miles easy the whole run.  He only wts 12 lbs so I don't go any farther.

Clean house with the dog on a leash. He will learn to anticipate  your moves.

Once he learns he can run instead of walk its over.

You still have to let him sniff 1/2 mile before you run.

Mariposai

NHLA, good job with keeping up with your doggie Running buddie.

Tammy, how did your racing go today? I hope David feels better.

Erika, I do tend to play along with my speed when on the TM as well. In fact, I keep thinking that a weekly TM run may push me to run faster

Jay, next time I see yo u I want to hear about the process you follow to choose your beneficiaries for the race.

Leslie, don't tease me like that. You know that have now have many trail races around here, 50k, 100m, etc on the majestic Cascades Mt...I just may cook breakfast and dinner for you someday.., meanwhile, I dream in having Shorty's BQ at the Ave of the Giants.

Well, I did survive cooking an exotic,  several course greek  meal for 130 last night (with a lot help from the sous chefs, I may add). The biggest miracle is that I was able to gather all the "exotic ingredients" in my small rural community. BTW, I did endure a few shopping for ingredients  nightmare, such as my eggplant hunt. Won't bore you here with the Rotten details since I did  Overcome all the barriers, the food was exquisite and delivered on time with elegance and finesse.... and the banquet was enjoyed by all.

Those who attended the event really enjoyed the evening, their favorite, the food and the belly dancer performance (nope, not mine, but  of my dancing buddie) . The organizers are very happy with the amount of money we were able to bring in to benefit young Bobby. Crushing I did last night after the event, but a heart filled with joy. Ohh, my valentine present came  as a shock to me. My DH (unknown to me) took the day off to be my sou chef...actually he became the chef for the tabouleh, humus and Greek salad.  And Yes...he worked steadily from 7am to 11pm to ensure that the banquet is a success. You can't ask for a better Valentine present if you ask me.

Today was cleaning up the venue  and distributing the left overs until noon...

then I drove to the hills for a few miles of Cross country skiing. The Easy Pacer was doing his volunteer tax preparation day today as it is every Saturday from now until April, so being in the woods  alone was the best relaxing day I could gift to myself with. The snow was wet and it was hard to cross country ski on non-groom trail, but I sure enjoyed the fresh air.

Twocat, way to embrace the cold weather today!  BTW, the best part of the Olympics is coming up next week! yeahhh!

BTW, I am still trying to figure out the fun on the skeleton race in the Olympics 

OrangeMat, how is the training going?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no particular reason tselbs but any chance you could come out here for Seattle's St. Pat's Dash?

I'll introduce you to a gal who actually thought it was a compliment when she encouraged me on with,  "you look like you're running."  Actually, I guess it was.

No leashes needed in those days so my dog actually ran about 30 mile back-and-forth,, down-this-creek-and-up-that-one, until he finally started laggin' and ran with me for the last six miles.  He went flat on his side at the finish, couldn't have cared less as other dogs came over to smell, and stuck to his vow of "never again.".

However 2-cat, sounds like you're a diehard after all as you run 14 miles but a half mary gets cancelled for regular runners? Congratulations.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)