Masters Running

Tuesday, January 19th daily that I can't think of anything interesting to say about......... (Read 37 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Other than Jay must be sleeping in again.

Glad Holly was the mean one to set Starr straight

3.1 miles this morning around the lake.  Some dry, some packed powder from yesterday's powder.  15° and 20+mph breeze, so I'm claiming MMTWC again.  Tried my new face mask with contacts instead of glasses and it was much more successful.  in fact, so successful, I ended up taking it off for the last mile.  It does severely limit the options for spitting, which is highly important in this weather.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

16F

6.25 miles

9:08 average pace (mile 5 was dicey because it was icy)

Sonya, Billy, Janice, Tricia, Bob, Bill, Carol, Ralph, and I all ran together this morning. We wanted "bailability" so we ran through Skipwith, out to High Street and then through Eastern State.  I think I had on one layer too many. Loved my light-weight balaclava this morning. Sonya wished she had one.

Rock and Roll Heaven sure is increasing its population this year. Take It Easy, don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy. We may lose or we may win...

Take it to the limit One more time...

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

We DVR'd "Mercy Street" to watch it tonight on PBS.  Anyone see the debut?  Spareribs

We watched it yesterday afternoon on AmazonPrime.  It was okay, I guess. I thought the lighting was way too dark, it was hard to watch in that respect.  I think the story line (premise?) is good. The acting was good. The writing?  I am going to have to watch a few more episodes to comment. I am unsure about the writing, I hope it improves. Ann Hastings was cast in an unflattering light. That was a bit over the top, I thought.  What did you think?

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

Sayhey! MM#130

Mornin' all,

We're cranking to get out cases here in child support land.  We have a wicked witch tied up in the parking lot as she blew in over the weekend.

Taking it easy for a few days, just 4 this am.   Wore jacket, long pants, and GLOVES.  There's a little twinge in my calf, very minor, but it's the lower calf on the same leg of the very bad ankle injury in late 2014.  So I thought I'd be prudent.

Followed yesterday's discussions--wondering how Chris Rock will respond to the Spike Lee/Jada Smith boycott of the Oscars, and if more will join in the boycott.  I did laugh at Rock's "Oscars: the white BET awards."

Have good days, and may everyone feeling the cold find and enjoy some hot and tasty comfort food, whatever that is for each

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Brrrr...3 days of running in negative temps. I wish I said 3 days of running negative splits.

Tomorrow will still be single digits but a least it will minus the dash.

Morning, Folks -

I just could not wake up this morning.  The Hub said I was "snoring" within a minute or less of turning off the alarm, and I barely remember doing that. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed around 6:45.  I guess I needed the sleep!

Starr - I have a TRX hanging in my workout shed.  I use it all the time.  Difficulty is depending on the angle of your body.  The one I have never been able to do, though, without ending up with low back issues is planks (your feet rest in the straps).

Well, I have "Mercy Street" recorded, too, so we'll see.

Great wolf print pic, Posie!

The wind is supposed to have gusts around 40 mph today.  A couple of those gusts hit me while I was waiting to cross the street.  Dang!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

first ever indoor running: 3-miles.
                It’s so totally impossible that I would ever do it that I’ve never even ever made a vow not to do it but, after slip-sliding on the sheets of ice covering the pathways of a nearby park, I took GS to the local soccer-pitch-sized indoor field house with smooth, carpet-like astro-turf for kids to play as I walked/jogged 27 times around the perimeter with other indoor walker/joggers for three miles and not only the first time I’ve ever run indoors or but also the first time I’ve ever paid to go regular running other than the hundreds of dollars a year on races to give me the needed incentive for running..
                Gaining on a familiar gait from the past, I turned my head and discovered the now 82-yo and in great shape looking-younger-than-I-look wife of my first boss from a fish cannery in Bristol Bay in 1962/1963. He had been a track star in college in one of the southern states that used to be the largest state in the Union so when I asked, “how’s Bill doing,” she said that today was a “clockwise” day around the track and he only runs counterclockwise.
                No wonder; in the early fifties, he was one of the rabbits for Wes Santee’s aspiring four minute mile races, Drake Relays, etc., . . . .  but I doubt if anyone except Tselbs and maybe the wise gu, . . I mean wise one, have ever heard of him.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Ran 4 at lunch. Had a good time once I was warmed up. I was waiting for the 20's but the temps just wouldn't get above 14°.

I was out running on some pretty quiet trails on the ridge at the park. I started thinking about how if anything happened to me I would probably freeze to death before anyone found me. Anyone else ever think like that? Maybe I should carry my phone with me (but I hate carrying a phone.)

Scared up 10 deer and put them on the move. Pretty cool to watch them race through the woods and when they came to a very large tree that was down, they seemed to just float over it in one leap. That would be a cool thing to be able to do.

I did cross paths with 2 women along with 3 dogs so if anything had happened my body would not have rotted out on the trails for long before it was found.

I did cross paths with 2 women along with 3 dogs so if anything had happened my body would not have rotted out on the trails for long before it was found.

This is a positive when trail running.  

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

At 14°, that's not actually a worry.  At least until spring.  Hope that makes you feel better.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

I've read about Wes Santee, tet......

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Henrun

I've read about Wes Santee, tet......

I saw and heard a talk by Sir Roger before one of my first Boston's in the 70's and knew Wes was at Kansas.

Mariposai

Other than Jay must be sleeping in again.

You are so funny!!!!

Time to go to sleep for me since DH alarm clock goes off at way too early hour.

But, I must say that I feel victorious that my first annual meeting with the board of directors of my agency went very well, including the acceptance of  a rather controversial, but good for the agency budget presentation. I feel good.

Ohh but the best part of the day was the 8 miles I ran with 6 at tempo. Smile miles they were, even when my tempo at sooo slow now days.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Very cool indoor run, Tet.

I was out running on some pretty quiet trails on the ridge at the park. I started thinking about how if anything happened to me I would probably freeze to death before anyone found me. Anyone else ever think like that? 

Once or twice. After 2 hours in deep snow, I quit sweating and thought uh oh. Then a 15 or so miler in Leland this time of year. For over an hour, I couldn't even hear a car. Mostly seasonal residences. I kept looking for Rod Serling.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Glad Holly was the mean one to set Starr straight

Hey, rules are rules....

I am far to much of a chicken to go running trails by myself, because I am quite aware of my capacity to get lost and also, I really hate to freeze to death.

5 miles for me on the TM Tuesday morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."