Masters Running

Master Runners Introductions! (Read 228 times)

dnaff

I'm Dawn from NW Illinois.  For my 40th birthday I joined the local running club and bought a track pass.  I turned 60 last week so there are 20 years of miles now on my feet.   I've run one marathon and never again.  Also several half marys and too many 10k and 5ks to count.  Now I mostly just run to get some fresh air, maybe do one race a year.

You'll hear way too much about my Siberian Husky Misha and about all the yoga I am doing.  The weather has been unbelievable and I've been house bound for days at a time. Once the ice thaws and the snow melts the yoga will yield to some running.  I hope!

Henrun

Welcome Dawn.

Glad you joined us, Dawn.  I'm Karen in Tennessee.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations on two decades of running

from age 40 - 60yo.  Nothing like Henry but

me too, . . . plus 7 years on the younger side

and 15 on the upper side.

ps - after marathon no. 1 in 1977,

I made same "never again" vow.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

Welcome, Dawn!   Appreciate all your input to the group so far!

I'm Joe and I live just a ways down I 65 from you in West Lafayette, Indiana.   Same weather pattern...ugh.   And I'm a big Cubs fan.

So glad to have you!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

SteveP

SteveP from Traverse City Michigan. The Road Kill Capitol of the United State of 'Merica!! YeeeHAAW!!!! Me and the dog are strictly summertime runners. Summer the times we runs. Summer the times we don'ts.

SteveP

...in case I forgot to do this......

===========

...Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee...

I'm Old,

I tore up after 42-years of Running (10 of that Racing)

last 22-years HeavyHands Running with 3-lb handweights

(when

I opened my DrugStore

and didn't get to Play as much)

had both Hips replaced,

have PoolRun for 12-years

HeavyHands NordicWalking (5-lb handweights 3-lb trailboots) for last 4-years

and

just Generally Glad they still let me post here

......also I type Funny......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Notne

Hi!

60 years old this coming summer, ran on and off since high school, one marathon 11 years ago (3:43), basically took 10 years off of running after that ouch, and now I'm kind of back, been running fairly steady for about a year. I just realized my best recent 10K training run was so slow it matched my marathon pace of 10 years ago. Another, different kind of, ouch!

So I guess I'm getting older quicker than I'm getting faster. Ouch again! At least I'm faster and stronger than when I started back up a year ago. For now I'm just running for the sake of running, and the joy of saying, "You went out and did it today, good job", and (at least for now), getting a little faster over time. No races scheduled, but I'm sitting here wondering*, if I should try for a half in November.

(*Carl Perkins: "I'm sitting here wondering, will a matchbox hold all my clothes?" Yeah, I'm a rockabilly fan, too!!)

I did have a question if I could please about the forum structure ... is it set up by date more than it is by topic? I was looking for posts on things like how old timer running (is that the same as Masters running?) is different than when we were all young studs haha, different training techniques and things to look out for, etc., but I see a lot more posts with dates as the subject than specific topics.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all! 

...Notne........post on the Dailys and you can ask there.......

Welcome Aboard

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Welcome Note!

Our forum here is set up primarily by a daily thread and conversations within that thread are all over the map. don't be turned off or distracted by the recent conversations about cat butts (but do be wary of SteveP). It's kinda normal around here. But you are more than welcome to start your own thread regarding a specific topic or question and those that have some input will jump in with their 2 cents, or dollars-worth as the case may be. 

Nice to have you here and the best way to get to know all the others - some who have been posting together for the better part of a decade or more - is to just jump into a daily but don't worry about remembering everyone or commenting to everyone.

Tammy

Notne

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! 

Joe618

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! 

Welcome indeed!   And thanks for just jumping in on the thread on 3/22!!!   

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

SteveP

Notne...Jump on in, the water's fine.

SteveP

Tramps

Welcome.

We've evolved over the years to the "daily" thread being the main site of activity but we used to have many more topic-oriented threads. It would actually be nice to have more of those again, so go for it!

And "Notne"?  A story there?

Also, Blind Lemon

Be safe. Be kind.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think I was maybe in this forum before but Joe reminded me I should come back. I had to join again. I recognize a lot of the crowd here. I guess maybe that inevitable after so many years around RA! Smile

I'm Meg. I'm not a speedy runner, but I do run every day. I seem to be running more halfs these days but never close enough to move my half fanatic status. Next race up: Gopher Attack Half on Good Friday. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.