Masters Running

Is it too early to plan? Masters Get-together at Boston Marathon? (Read 724 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I'm looking forward to meeting folks at Robin's get-together Sunday. I'll probably pickup my race number packet (#2655) on Saturday and keep a lookout for people. CNY, do you know where you're working yet? Btw, I took a pic of the starting line (http://twitpic.com/3dac7) yesterday and it gave me goosebumps now that it is real...Do you folks get excited seeing it?
    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter
      Hey! We took that picture about 4 hours ago! We were going to blow by Hopkinton on our way east on 90, but just couldn't do it. Had to stop and gawk, and take pictures. It was pretty quiet - it'll be a much different scene in a few days.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Great starting line shot busiman! I am not running and I still got excited looking at that. Thanks! I don't know exactly where I'll be on Saturday. I have to be at the Hynes Center by 8 am on Saturday and I think my shift is 9-1 or 9-2 pm. I am going to try and do what I did last year and give out chips and bibs---so look down the line of volunteers doing that and I should be there! We get the specifics at the volunteer briefing that morning. Which corral are you in...2 or 3? I'll see if I can attach a note to your packet at least. GOOD LUCK everyone!!
        busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks CNY...I'll be in the second corral if I understand how the numbers work. My wife and I are going to pickup my packet and go to the "Mental Strategies" talk... which I could put to good use!
          -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
          also on Twitter
            Cool. I hope we'll be able to at least say hello at the Expo. My friend Claire is in corral 2 as well---she's bib 2524 and will be running for Reebok Rhode Island----long strawberry blonde hair---you just may see her---she has a string of sub 2:55s going, so you can't go wrong if she's near you! Good Luck!