Masters Running

Friday, April 18.....(Boston in the air) (Read 489 times)

GreenMan

.... but I'll post yesterday afternoon's 11 mile run. Its my longest run ever (second to a 10.6 mile run last spring). .....
    Congrats on the distance PR. WildChild I wish I could run along Boulder Creek. jjj
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
    wildchild

Carolyn

JJJ, I wish I could run on the AT!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wildchild - I'll second the congrats! Mostly packed, with a 3am wake up, time for me to call the kids and tell them good night, and get ready myself. Thank you everyone for the good lucks and the atta boys! Do you know that every big race I'm in, you wonderful people are the dear friends I can't wait to rush home to tell about it. Thanks so much for all your encouragement!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good evening Master Boomers! 6 easy miles for me this evening...10:3x pace. A beautiful evening. I'm liking everthing about this runnin' thing! Again, to all the Bostonians and other marathoners this weekend.....enjoy and see the beauty! Later, my friends.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

King of PhotoShop

Thanks for the reminder. I meet with my Shakespeare Club kids again on Wednesday, so I'll be getting cake! It'll be a great way to celebrate their abbreviated performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream last week as we prep for the second show - this one for the parents. Shocked Today's Runners World quote of the day seems especially appropriate: Big me run, and I will strive with things impossible - Julius Ceasar Run well, all. Smile Eliz off to the beach!!
            Well Eliz, everything comes with some caveat, and one of them is Shakespearer's birthday. It has been inferred from documents relating to his baptism but no real evidence of the date of his birth. But if you have some work with students about Shakespeare, point out that April 23rd was also the date of his death, I think 1616 (he outlived Elizabeth I of course, which is why he did plays for James I, honoring Scotland). I am so happy you are doing this study with your students. Wildchild, nice long run and PR, and may I also add that a testament to your likeability on this site is the number of responses to your other post regarding job situation. And I will also blow your cover on another issue. When btb was looking for help on the Amy fund-raiser, i sure was impressed that you kicked in $250, way more than the rest of us. You have your heart in the right place. Good things always happen to good people. Trust in it. Spareribs
            wildchild

Carolyn

Spareribs, thank you. That means a lot, coming from you, as you're someone we all look up to on this site. This community we've formed here is so amazing and supportive. I'm jealous of you guys running Boston who will get to meet a lot of Boomers face to face! You guys are the best.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.