Masters Running

Tuesday 1/3/17 (Read 37 times)

C-R

Meg - Brrr!

Catwhoorg and Flats - Welcome!

Our little Dexter dog is very ill and we don't know what it is.  Yesterday he was fine, frisky and chasing cats.  But when we got back from DD's basketball game last night, he was in distress, trembling and panting, and could barely walk.  No idea.  I Googlled the symptoms and it listed everything from poisoning to kidney failure to stroke.  I called the after-hour vet, and she thought it sounded like he was in pain, perhaps a slipped disc in his back.  Took him to the vet this morning and had lots of tests done, but nothing definitive came of it.  If only he could talk!  They sent us home with anti-inflammatories and pain meds, which I managed to get him to take in slices of hot dogs.  The doc said, whatever it is, he may just recover without us knowing what it actually was.  He is resting now, and we are hoping for the best.  Any stray doggie prayers would be welcome.

4.4 miles for me on the TM today.

Poor Dexter. Holly our sheltie had a bad episode about four months past. We actually thought we may have to put him down. Last gasp was changing his diet to low additive dog food. It worked well for him and our Collie (both are rescues). Last time I spoke to vet, he mentioned that it may have been a kidney stone and the change in diet helped him pass it. All the best on that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A nice 5er in sunshine and 32 degree's with a stiff wind out of the north, made me wish I had worn tights instead of shorts!!!

Happy running everyone!

Clark

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run for me, today.  I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

It sure is nice to see so many new and returning people posting.

Holly--I hope Dexter turns out okay.

My oldest daughter and her family are flying home from Florida tonight...at midnight...and I agreed to pick them up...what's wrong with me?

Okay--that's about all I've got.  I think I'll go to bed and try to get a couple hours of sleep before I have to go to the airport.  See ya!

Poor Dexter!

I did 2.2 miles.  Kind of cold out, for here.  I had to wear my skiing fleecie.  That is 3 runs in 3 days - my goal is a running streak for the entire month of January, then I will cut out some days and make the runs longer on others.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

flats

turtle runner eximious

I got in 5+ on the gym TM. Gym was very busy, and lots of employees giving tours to potential gym members. It's that time of year I guess.

Michael

TammyinGP

in addition to many snowball fights with david, 3x shoveling the walkways, romping through snow with dogs, I did get out for 2.2 miles. I tried my 1 mile trail loop but parts were almost up to my knees, so that wasn't working well, so I just went back and forth on my driveway where the quad made some tracks for me. that was actually a pretty hard workout, even though it was only a bit over 2 miles.

Tammy

I just got home for the day and did not get a run in today. It sure turned cold out today, wind chill is -21 now and getting worse. I am home safe and sound by the fire so I can't complain. Sure glad I don't have to drive to the airport at midnight!

Welcome to the new and returning posters here.

Erika, about the ditch tree from yesterday, it is an actual tree. There are volunteer trees that grow in the rural road ditches. This one was a cedar of some kind.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Day 2 no run- I did walk the 1 mile from the Fenway garage to the Brugham tho!

Thanks for the  great recap Twocat - I would love to be on the team again but will wait to see how things go for now. I am running MCM end of October and don't want to go into it injured.

Holly hope Dexter recovers quickly!

Welcome to all our newcomers!! Great job recruiting Mariposai 😘

denise

Mariposai

Twocat in a skirt....hmmm....

I agree.

I keep thinking that Rosie Ruiz Fan Club need bright running skort as a uniform...hey, I would be volunteer to sew them up Smile

{{{{Dexter}}}} Please give us the update on  how he is doing.

Runr-nut, so jealous of your sunny weather run today.

Flats, lol on the potential gym membership visitors. Nice TM run.

Tamster, that is a lot of shoveling!!!!

Startuns, -21  that is cold!!!!!

Deez4Boys, we would love to have you in the Rosie Ruiz team again!!!

CanadianMeg, -44 in your neck of the woods, wow...that is cold. Do you still run outside in that weather?

Labrat, you seem to have a nice lunch-time routine .

Well, it was 2 miles of running for me, plus half an hour of gym diva time.  (I lost so much strength in a month. Even a 10pd weight feels like a 50 pounder right now).

Be warm my friends!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Meg, that is some nasty windchill... so glad we don't normally get much wind here!

Oh dear, Holly, I sure hope Dexter recovers quickly. Poor critters, they can't tell us what's wrong. Vets need to be 50% magician or something to figure it out.

Second day of no run for me. And my pool running effort was thwarted by the pool being closed for the holidays. Yes. really. How dumb is that? So I spent the day catching up on e-mails for work from the last week and last couple days and doing some filing and clean up around here. Had he kids ( DS1 and DDIL2B) up for turkey burgers for dinner, and he took a lot more "stuff" out of his room to take to their place. Yay! Less crap up here, I'm all for it.

I will run tomorrow, even if just a couple miles on the TM.

SteveP

SteveP . Any real news on the bike? I cannot imagine they have any way of finding the owner.

Two Cat, I'll be out of the loop unless it belongs to a kid who needs it fixed.  I like the advise on a dreadmill. One thing that's nice about a gym quality machine is the Pringles can holder can also hold a water bottle.

I'll share Father John with DW. While running or working late I prefer something a little more high energy.

Hi Catwhoorg.

(((((Dexter))))) 

Tammy, I try to keep it a secret, I really like running with dogs. The camera doesn't do justice. Can you imagine seeing this while in the woods at night?

The company hired two part time people to help me out on Tuesday and Thursdays. Our boss asked what I'd like to see in part time people. I told him semi retired who don't need a babysitter nor entertainer. I also had to train with a new guy. To show him the ropes before he gets into commissioned sales. With the blunders his new co-workers made (including mine) and the faux pas of our suppliers, the fella had an eye opener. The manual labor was done by 6:00 PM. The paperwork took a bit longer.

SteveP

I like the advise on a dreadmill. One thing that's nice about a gym quality machine is the Pringles can holder can also hold a water bottle. 

This made me laugh out loud! 

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

I love that Steve! Bella needs one!

Tammy