Masters Running

Wednesday, April 3 Chilly Runs (Read 50 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

6.5 miles for me this morning in 29 degrees.

Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning Holly and all to follow. Nice run in nippy temps this morning, Holly. It seems like winter doesn't want to loosen its grip this year. We haven't had a day of normal spring temps yet.

Mary's back! Mary's back! It was so great to see your post yesterday Mary. Hopefully all is well in your world. Any new litters to report??

Mike, your boss sounds like a number one a#$. Are you seriously looking for another job? You deserve so much more than what you have.

Spent the day being a poll worker yesterday. 6:15 in the morning until 9:00 PM last night.  All that for $8.00 an hour. And at age 60, I was the "baby" in the group. A pretty good turnout for not a real full ballot. Our district had a little over 20%.

Our high school kids are off this week so I'm only working a half day today. Waiting for it to warm up a little, then will get out for a run this afternoon.  My DS, DIL and Things 1,2 and 3 (Will, Ben and Nicholas) are moving in two weeks so grandma will have some fun time keeping them occupied for a few hours while my DIL trys to get some packing done.

Seize the day!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!

Thanks so much for the welcome back!   I am having some sharp pains in my right big toe joint - wondering if I have some arthritis setting in or something.   Anyway I didn't run today, I think I'll do every other day until I get back up to steam.   Walking at night some while training the pup though.

MikeE - I think we have the same boss, what a jerk!   So condesending to everyone and then wonders why no one respects him.   Don't get me started...... I'm flattered that you were stalking me.

JLynne - no pups since a year ago last October!   I'm hoping this summer we will have a litter.   Our stud Huntley is failing.   He has a large tumor around his mid section and at his age we have opted not to have surgery.    Saturday my husband is taking him out for "Huntley Day" and just do things together while he still can.     I am, however, going to be a Grandma in a couple of months!    My youngest is having a baby boy.

Ok - better get at it.   It feels so good to be back.    Normalacy is a good thing.   :-)

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

coastwalker

Mornin' Holly, Jlynne, and those yet to scribe.

Ah, the poetry flowed like sparkling water down a mountain stream yesterday, all in an effort to wake the sleeping Spring.  Big grin

5.99 (if I had only known...) racewalking miles at 4:05 - 30F with a 12-15 mph breeze from the west. I took a different route this morning, staying inland in neighborhoods where the houses and trees could buffer the breeze for me. When the wind comes screaming across the salt marsh near the ocean, it can get a bit intense at times. Also, it was nice to walk a different route for a change. I had a pretty good turnover rate this morning, and tried to stay focused on maintaining/increasing it - when I lose focus, and my mind wanders often, I lose pacing too. I managed to stay focused and each mile was a scooch faster than the previous one. I was a bit fatigued when I got back, but sometimes that's OK.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Walking later today for me as well but nowhere near as skilled and fast as Jay! I try though.....up to 4 miles a day and all is still good.

Chilly here in MA after two days in warmer and much springier Atlanta. Bright and sunny though and snow almost all gone. And Syracuse snatched its golden snowball title back from Worcester, MA with some decent snowfall in CNY on Monday. all is back in balance.

Mary! Hudson sends healing and loving vibes to his father Huntley. :-( Our sweet pets are in our lives so powerfully and the grief I feel when they fade is just as intense. I love your avatar with the jubilant Rizzo. Hudson is such a fabulous joy and so affectionate. My legs usually fall asleep when he crawls into my lap with his 70 lb self, but it's worth it.

Okay...lots of work to do in the next two days before heading out on the road again.

Happy Wednesday all

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning all.   A little busier than normal so far.

Everyone is pining for their cow puppie fix--something to look forward to.

6.6 this morning in just about the same weather that Jay had.  30 at my house, but I went past a temperature dispaly that said 23.  Full winter gear yet again.  My skills don't run towards poetry, (Not sure where they run, but hoping to figure it out some day) but it was another beautiful sunrise that I could enjoy--just not describe.

Karin--glad the recovery is going well.  Pretty sneaky of Syracuse to come in with the late snow.  We were bragging to my FIL that Wakefield actually had more snow than Rochester this winter.  Go 'Cuse.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Quick post here since I really need to give some fertilizer to my democratic flower garden this morning. I am sooo way behind my garden work. Help!!!

5 easy miles as the sun brought light to the valley. The balsam root are starting to bloom, so the hills are gorgeous.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Wow!  Janie and Tammy serenading me with poetry!

I figured out this morning that it is as difficult to plan a short mileage week as it is a long one. I want only 25 miles this week and it would be so easy to go over.  So after today's brisk 4, I need just 11 over the next 3 days.  I think I'm going to go a bit over but it doesn't matter. It's a nice soft tapering week and as long as I'm feeling good, that's what's important.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

Glad you liked it Ribs. That was my feeble attempt at poetry. Roll eyes  the poet part of my brain is dormant. or dead. I never really understood poetry. but I figure if you throw in a few doths or yonders, it may resemble shakesphere somewhat.

warmest day of the week here. should be mid/upper 70's. Mid week long run on tap for after work. 8-9 miles. gonna be a warm one. Troy would melt like butter on a hot griddle. Joking

Tammy

Bushrat Runner

should be mid/upper 70's. Mid week long run on tap for after work. 8-9 miles. gonna be a warm one. Troy would melt like butter on a hot griddle. Joking

Yes he would...

I may melt anyway, as I am stuck this morning dealing with paperwork and logistics, and by the time I get out to run later it will likely be hot. To me anyway.

Dave59

Today was my weekly session at the gym with a personal trainer.  I am enjoying these sessions.  I think that was number 4 of the 12 that I signed up for.

My current favorite running shoe is the Brooks Ravenna.  I picked up a pair of the new version 4 last night.  Looking forward to trying them tomorrow.

I have a great boss.  One of the best.

(Just in case my boss is lurking.  I have a quarterly review in 31 minutes.)

janie b good

good afternoon!  i figured i could either complain about the weather again this morning, or t'mill it.  i decided to just t'mill it.

3.39 miles

haven't tried the brooks yet... but i did switch from nike max motos to mizuno wave riders.  wow... what a difference 2 oz makes!  lovin' my mizunos.

oh, and i quit my job last july.  not sure if i mentioned that?? ... officially "retired" ... tho, still very, very young!  <smile>

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Tramps

I figure if you throw in a few doths or yonders, it may resemble shakesphere somewhat.

Okay, that made me laugh.

Good to see Mary and Janie here again.  Congrats on the retirement, Janie.

Mike--FWIW, you might want to be careful what you post online about work.  It's a fairly simple matter to Google someone and come up with an RA post.  Even if he is, uh, less-than-ideal.

My last quality run of the cycle.  10 miles with 8 @ MP in the warm (low-60s) mid-day sun.  It's all EZ-PZ (with some striders) from here on out.

Be safe. Be kind.

janie b good

... in the warm (low-60s) mid-day sun.

talk sexy to me, baby!

(seriously, this cold spring is doing funny things to my brain)

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Henrun

A very cold 2 miles this morning. Didn't wear my knee protector and my L knee has been aching since. Hope it clears up soon.

Went down to the bus terminal to pick up my DD and GS (from Ohio) who have been spending the week in Maine with my DS for an overnight. We were up there earlier in the week.

Speaking of poetry- I've been writing it for many years. I had 2 of my poems published in an online poetry journal this March. Many of my poems are about running and music(mostly jazz).