Masters Running

Typo Thursdat 11/29/18 (Read 40 times)

The aging parent thing is tough, Holly.  Been there.  All of mine (2 parents, 2 wonderful step-parents) are gone now.   Now it seems like I'm hearing of deaths of friends way too frequently.

3.1 on the treadmill after work.  Ducked out a little early.  Glad to have that done and ready to chill and watch some TV after dinner.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

5.75 junk miles

I was a little puzzled looking at the graphs on Polar Flow afterwards, my HR jumped from 129 to 152 in 4 seconds with no change in pace or grade. Must have been a glitch in the watch for the first 9 minutes, everything was fluctuating in the 120-130's, but the last 3/4 of my run the HR was all in the upper 140's to mid 150's (high for me for an easy run, but I haven't run in weeks!).

It's weird to hear about friends having old-people health problems, I'm not used to it yet. One of my friends from college track died of a massive heart attack in a 5k race about 10 years ago, undiagnosed condition. That was the first one. Now there are people I know reporting cancers, organ failures, arthritis, etc. How did this happen?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

bioguy

Quick check in; 2.75 after school today, then around a mile with the dogs walking at the park.

Tired today!

tailwinds!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, more sleep this morning but ultimately did the Falconfixer "ain't gonna get sick" workout I've used since HS.  Bundle up (too much for conditions) then go as far as you are able to as fast as you are able.  It got to the 60s today so long sleeve and short sleeve shirt, shorts.  Went a bit over 5 miles at just under a 9 minute pace.  Actually felt pretty good and probably could have gone faster....but that stupid PT test is in two days (so I'll miss the holiday 5k they have scheduled for Saturday morning during drill).  Still not feeling great, but felt better today.

Steve, good advice.  I've had company cell phones in various civilian jobs but I never "crossed the streams" so to speak with personal stuff.  On a different note, we use Technical Orders (TOs) when working on aircraft.  They are now completely digital.  One big change is that the fold out electrical and hydraulic (and other schematics) are much easier in paper version than pdf.  The other concern is much bigger (to me).  Ipads (and other electronics) are vulnerable to a host of bad things that can happen in a battlefield environment.....and I'll just leave it at that.  I've said before I do have a reputation for some of my more insidious exercise injects; I'm going to force my guys to try and figure out how they'd work without TOs during an exercise in January.

Have a great night everyone.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just checking in to say that I ran 4 more miles, today.  Then, Debbie and I went out for pizza and beer...well, I had beer, Debbie had her Windsor and Cokes.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

spacityrunner

Yoga. Dog walking. That’s all.

Trails Rock!

Didn’t get on here last night - had a really rough day on the labor floor so made sure I made it to the final night of our parish healing mission before I went home. It was an incredibly loving, moving experience especially after the sadness of the day.

Ran 2.2 miles before work started.

Today Body Pump, 5.5 miles outside, prayer group, shopping with MIL, granddaughters and crafts to completely fill my day. Going away to Kennebunkport Maine for the weekend for Christmas prelude and to celebrate a friend’s 50th birthday (I think I remember 40☺️)

wish I could comment more but SteveP - great recaps, Henrun - heal well

denise

Mariposai

As for my butterfly wings...

Budget session for the agency all day,bracketed with a rather dull  webinar, which allowed me to be...

on the stationary bike for an hour.

Tomorrow is a running day for my wings...I am looking forward to it.

Tetsujin, please tell Frank that I am looking forward to running Bloomnsday with him in 2019.

Deez4boys, enjoy your weekend!

Ok, back to budgeting task  for me tonight. The night is young...

Have I mention how much I enjoy my work! Truly.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Ouch, Henrun, that's a tough way to earn more hardware. Hope you heal up quickly.

Sorry about the tough day, Denise. It's never a good thing when you have one of those.

Holly, a few years ago I accompanied my parents to some medical appointments in Seattle. My dad had a pituitary tumor they we were checking on to see about getting it removed, and the doctors were all pretty pessimistic that it would help his balance and coordination problems. He used to have really nice handwriting, and it had devolved into a shaky scribble that was hard to read. I was just shocked (not living with them anymore) how frail he'd become and how much older he seemed. After the surgery, it was incredible the improvement: all those things the docs said would be helped were tremendously improved. His handwriting is almost back to his old self, his balance is better, his mood and wit are sharp as ever and he's much more active. He turned 91 this summer and looks younger than he did 6 years ago. So, hopefully your dad will bounce back a bit now that he's had the surgery. It is really hard on older folks and recovery takes longer. But I hope he recovers well and gets back some of his old self.

Surly Bill, I'm very suspect of those wristband HR monitors. If that's what you're using, any number of things can make it go all whacky. How's the Achilles feeling? That was what was ailing you earlier, right?

BTY, it always makes me wonder what the heck is going on when my feet get cramps in the pool. Granted, I'm doing pool running and you're actually swimming, but still. Foot cramps? I don't get it.

5.7 miles today, a little warmer and slipperier today than yesterday (19° vs. 9° yesterday). Legs feeling better but knees still a little off. Not sure what it is, again nothing while running, but walking and going up stairs can feel something going on there.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Now it seems like I'm hearing of deaths of friends way too frequently.

And the older we get, the worse it gets with this year being the worst so far in our very tight-knit high school class of 1961's 102 graduates who still get together twice a year with now a close friend who I’ve been wondering why he hasn’t answered my recent e-mail passing this weekend.  Makes me wonder why in the world that I’m still able to run, albeit in slow motion, but I'm very grateful.

Denise - even worse from the other end of the scale.

Now the evening news reports on a missing

2-yo whose tricycle was found in the river.

We are very lucky.

Tetsujin, please tell Frank that I am looking forward to running Bloomnsday with him in 2019.

Absolutely. Definitely.

He'll be delighted.

Me too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yoga. Dog walking. That’s all.

Since I'm not lucky enough to be retired, mine is:  dog walking.  work.  dog walking.  that is all.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...is ''Yoga Dog Walking'' a thing??......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

spacityrunner

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ•πŸ•. It could be. We could make millions πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ•πŸ•

...is ''Yoga Dog Walking'' a thing??......

Trails Rock!

mrrun

spacityrunner

Now that’s a nice downward facing dog.

Trails Rock!