Masters Running

Walt Disney World Marathon Race Report (Read 658 times)

King of PhotoShop

You gotta have heart to be a marathoner, and you treated this whole episode well. Glad you got another state under your belt. One thing you know is that you will never make that mistake again! Nice going. Spareribs
    huskydon

Erika, So sorry to hear about the wayward chip. I can certainly understand your frustration. We will all learn from your experience. But, you look great, even after 26.2 and your time many of us can only dream about. So fantastic that you could meet Bill & DW, too. Thanks so much for sharing, and the wonderful pictures.
        Way to make lemonade out of lemons, Erika. You ran a great race, and think of the great stories you'll have to tell your grandkids!
        Tramps

((((Erika))))) Aw, this sounds like a runner's nightmare--literally. "I had a dream I was in marathon and realized I forgot my chip..." sort of thing. You had enough spunk to bounce back and finish and salvage the whole race. Nice going. (I'm amazed you didn't seem affected more by the temperature change going from Alaska to Florida!) P.S. Byll's picture of you holding the chip needs to be framed as an 8x10. Classic.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

this sounds like a runner's nightmare--literally. "I had a dream I was in marathon and realized I forgot my chip..." sort of thing.
            Exactly what I was thinking, totally my fear before every race is that I will forget some vital thing, and the chip is pretty darn vital. I would have had a complete meltdown. You did awesome in spite of that - you are an inspiration!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I would have cried too!!! But you got to meet another Boomer and enjoy an easier paced run. Thanks for the detailed report. Those blue skies, are they for real??? Wow, must have been nice to be there in January during the big freeze in Alaska.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Erika, so sorry to hear about the chip fiasco. I agree with everyone else, you did great getting back into the race and finishing despite that setback. I'm so happy to hear that they gave you an official time so you can add Florida to your marathon list. Your time was amazing given all of the stops and delays you had to deal with. I'm sure this would have been much more like a 3:40 marathon if not for all the problems. And I agree with everyone about how fantastic you look at the finish! Meg

Once a runner . . .

The Jogger

Erika, you are amazing, what a fantastic report and pics and race and who cares about the chip. Well Done Roy
                    Sorry about the chip error but you still had an excellent run, wonderful time & all around great weekend. The break from your winter must have been amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Erika, I'm so glad you didn't get discouraged by the mishap and you kept going!!! and you did so well too!! Congratulations for checking off another state!!!! Francesca