Masters Running

Wilting away Wednesday, May 26 Daily (Read 622 times)

Sorry to hear about your neice Fatozzig.  I hope she gets her hormonal situation figured out and can get pregnant.  Hey I waited until I was 35 (not uncommon) so she has lots of time. 

[Rant on] The weight gain is my biggest frustration, next to the fatigue.  Actually I'm not sure which bugs me more.  I do not eat any more than I did two years ago but I am 20 pounds heavier, it is like black magic.  I can't even begin to imagine what I would weigh if I didn't run 30 miles a week, maybe the same, maybe 40 pounds heavier.  My family just blows it off but I just don't feel like "me".[Rant off]

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Maniac 505

((Enke)) Hope things get sorted out soon

Marg:  WOO HOO  ^5

Tim: 

My spidy senses are tingling.  As others have said,  be careful.  maybe you will just have to hang out in the bar and drink beer and get paid to do nothing for a little longer till you find a "Real"  Job.   good luck.  we are all pulling for you.

I just started a vacation.  I have the next three weeks off.  (Newport marathon is in the middle of it)  It is a good time to be off from work.  one of the local news stations has decided to do a slam job on the Washington state ferries.  with something like 1500 employees,  they can find some bad apples.  some of the stories that I am familar with,  the state has explained to king 5 why the state ethics board says it is not an issue, or why the overtime was a justified.  any explanations to king 5 have ended up on the cutting room floor.

Inspired by rochrunner, I tried to enjoy the gloaming---- on our porch with a nice glass of wine after a couple of jammed and topsy-turvy days. It was lovely and yet the tune from "96 degrees in the shade..." kept playing through my head. It really was too. Calm and still---no wind, glowing moon rising, and beautiful. In the gloaming---perfect

Ran at 5:00 am today mostly for schedule reasons---9.6 miles with 12x 30 seconds all out /30 seconds jog after 30 minutes of easy pace. Good brain cleanser of a run. On the road again tomorrow and then a quiet weekend ahead as the kiddo heads to Montreal with his eighth grade French class. 

((((enke)))) 

Enjoy the vacation divechief.

Mary has me wondering just why did the opposum cross the road?

jtv - shoobies are a pain, but they do fuel the economies of so many NJ towns.  I'm from PA, by the way, but since I spend every weekend and all summer in NJ, I am NOT a shoobie!  Besides, I'm polite when I drive, so I can't be one.  Smile  Shoobies are the ignorant people here in PA that I go to the shore to get away from.

Holly - great way to embarrass your teenage son - talk about wiping your sweaty face with his diapers!  

Stumpy - I'm not near Boston, but enjoyed the link.  I'm Nike Frees all the way right now.  Wore my old Asics a few weeks ago when we moved stuff out of my mom's house and they hurt from the moment I put them on.  

Crazy hot here in the Philly 'burbs today.  We took the kids on a field trip to the Wilmington Blue Rocks - minor league baseball - and baked in the 90+ degree sun.  I thought I was too drained to get outside this evening, but went anyway.  Took it easy:  only 35 minutes, but with about 4x as much running mixed in as on Monday.  Slow and steady, slow and steady . . . . . 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Oh yeah, and the shoobies that will be arriving this weekend for the summer.

And bennies!  We divide 'em by their license plates! I like bennies better.  They don't run over me in the crosswalk.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

track was tough tonight in the heat and humidity ......... mid-distance group for me was 800 (5 mile pace) 200 shuffle, repeat then 400   3 minute break then repeat..............i bailed on one of the 800's (potty issue) and the last 400 ...... just didnt have it in me - did do a 1 mile warmup and 600 cooldown

already cooling down tho - more like may than this mini heat/humidity wave we're having -- glad to be turning off the a/cs and cant wait to sleep on my new mattress!!  NITE FOLKS!!

denise

evanflein

I sequestered myself into a conference room all day today. Had to do it to finish a big project. But, I'm done now! Basically sat on my butt all day today, so I really needed to get out for a run.

It got hot today! It was 80° when I left work. I drove to my folks house and parked the car in the shade, then went for a run on the Equinox trails. I can get on them about a mile from my folks' house. I forgot how hard it is to run on those trails! Wow... lots of roots, wood chips (on the marshy parts) and hills. I was a hot sweaty mess by the time I got back, but what a good workout. Now my foot is a little sore... hit some of those roots just wrong I guess, so icing it.

SteveP

....tim//........OBVIOUSLY

you need to marry his daughter then have him bumped off.......

just a thought.

.........sorry it didn't go well.

Just the dad????

(((((Deez))))) cranky back.

(((((Enke)))))

A week and a half ago, there was a little 5K. A real family event. The RD claims there were 100 dogs registered. Several photgraphers were on hand as well.

For the first mile Tag was the lead dog. He was passed by another dog for the first time ever. I was really proud of the he handled the situation with grace. He lunged over and grabbed the other dog's leash. Tag even ignored a squirrel. He did have to make a pit stop though. Though there were no awards, we finished in the top 10....There was no clear finish line.

DW had Noah out of the jogger for most of the event. He wanted to hop and climb the course.

SteveP

...and later that same day.......

.........double hamstring cramps, followed by Flopping Around......

................It is possible I might be An Idiot.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

.........double hamstring cramps,

actually tom, that's not what they mean when they say doing a double.

It got hot today! It was 80° when I left work.

went for a run on the Equinox trails.

I forgot how hard it is to run on those trails! Wow... lots of roots, wood chips

(on the marshy parts) and hills

Now my foot is a little sore... hit some of those roots just wrong I guess, so icing it.

erika - 80 degrees in May in Alaska! send it down here. (sorry enks)

no particular reason but the Mayor's tank trail part is just like the Equinox, . . . but no hills.

ps - you're doing good if foot is only a "little" sore after that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

..sadly tet,

it's the only Double I've been doing lately............REALLY need to find out how to stop it.

20-min xbike this morning,

so we'll see if it helps

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

...and later that same day.......

.........double hamstring cramps, followed by Flopping Around......

................It is possible I might be An Idiot.

Oh Tom!  (trying not to laugh)  That sounds so painful, but the visual is hilarious.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."