Masters Running

Where is everyone Wednesday (Read 33 times)

. . . .  certain people are not conducting themselves in a manner which is acceptable for a potential world leader. 

Shocking!! 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yes, Ribs. he is no longer running. After track season last spring, he was getting burned out. he took a few wks off when he was preparing for his public speaking competition in Chicago. and then he joined up with the summer training sessions with his team/coach, but as the summer wore on, he began to dislike running more and more. He made the decision to not join the fall XC team and had hoped that maybe he would feel the drive again, but he really has no desire to run anymore. I was shocked and a bit saddened at first, but obviously he can't run because mom wants him to. As it turns out, not being in a sport right now has freed up his time to be involved in other endeavors. He's on the math competition team, the debate team and has been able to more fully immerse himself in FBLA and the student-run non-profit he's on the executive board for. Not to mention he has the toughest class load he's carried yet with AP and Honors classes.  Long answer to your question, but there's the whole backstory. 

tamalina - totally fantastic but is that the same little kid who was running around the bases at Safeco Field a couple of years ago?  Oddly enough, two of my high school classmates who were on the debate and math teams got interested in running when they went to Yale and Harvard, respectively, and both ran sub-three's in the Boston Marathon. Now they are retired from their dean-and-judgeships, respectively.  With you at the podium, though, I think David'll have very good memories of running and will probably come back to it later in life as most of us did or started to too.

Dave - I know this annoying older guy who just stands in their way

when other pedestrians are boring down on him with their cell phones

in their faces.

ps - it doesn't work for cars!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP personally, I think your DS switching from XC to math team, debate team and taking AP and honors classes is a good trade. Basically, no one earns their living running. But, his new passions will do very well by him.

Dave59 complaining well is a tough to master skill! Be proud! Most complainers are just awful complainers. Reading their complaints just makes you want to scream! Grow up I would yell if only they could hear me through my computer. Complainers just complaining about complaining . . .

SteveP good to see you are getting your gym work in. I was worried you were going to go soft. What a workout!

deez4boyz sciatica or no sciatica the 6 days off should make it feel a bit better!

evanflein over 20 is "warm", over 20! Serious! I would have to move!

Mike E I give what constitutes an "earthquake proof" structure made of popsicle sticks? How would something so light fall down in an earthquake? How big an earthquake? Typical 4.0 someone has to tell you it happened earthquake or continent shattering a giant meteorite hit the planet sized earthquake?

Tsunami welcome and I hope you stick around and post often.

I am bushed today. My second day of the semester. You would think I was some 55+ year old guy or something the way I am ready to collapse.   Oh yeah, I am some 55+ year old guy. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings from Selma, NC.  Down here for a pre-bid tomorrow.  Hope the rain stays away

Hi Laurie.  Welcome back (I think)  Can't remember if it was here or CR.  Good on you to try a marathon.

A measly 2 miles this morning before travelling.  GI issues made me turn around and killed any time I had to go back out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Enjoy NC, Stumpy.

Tamsterskirttalina, what twocat said. You have a young leader in your hands. By diversifying his skills will do him good in life. BTW, once a runner, always a runner. He will be back to running someday and we will be here to cheer him on.

Normal life in Posie land, except I started the day baking some paraguayan chipa de almidon for my son in Seattle to send him a special care package, then off to work. I did have an afternoon tempo run, 7 miles total. My mind was occupied elsewhere during most of the run, so it was kind of easy to keep up the pace of my new tempo pace, which is about 30 second slower than my BQ marathon pace now days. I am OK with that. As long as I have smile miles, I will take any run regardless the pace.

Cheers to all,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Our unseasonably warm weather continues, and yes, Twocat 20° in late January (especially for several days in a row) is not normal for us, but we sure like it! Today was crazy at work so missed my window of opportunity for a mid-day run, so got out after my last meeting for the first after-sunset run in quite awhile. Used my new headlamp for the first time and had to do several adjustments to keep it from bonking me in the nose as it slid down off my head. Grrr.... Anyhow, it was low 20's (mid-30's at my office up the hill) for my run, and the path and trail was slick from the warm temps. Got in 7.1 miles at a pretty good clip, with a few stops to adjust the dratted headlamp band. I have a bruise on the bridge of my nose from it slipping down and bonking my nose.   It sure is bright though, so that's nice.

Mike E

MM #5615

There is a bright side to everything.