Masters Running

Wednesday Daily 4-11 (Read 37 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I've been trying to get on here, for awhile, but couldn't, for some reason...now I don't have any time to say anything other than I ran 12.4 miles, which included 10 at tempo pace.

Hang on...let me check my teams' scores...dang Jets!  Come on Wolves!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Pouring down rain.
      SeniorFit Step Class + AquaFit.

5 people shot and two died in a few separate incidents within 3 blocks of my house in the last few days.

Wow, I’d rather eat sushi, . . . which, as a matter of fact’s been makin’ my stomach happy without incident for the past 52 years ever since that first year in Japan when I memorized, at ate, them all.  Because they are eaten fresh <<<(ed note: raw)>>>, sushi fish usually receive the highest measure of quality control, e.g. uniform quick freezing upon harvest at sea staying frozen until ready for consumption even months and thousands of miles later, timely consumption upon thawing the same or next day, etc.  

If not, it’s usually easy to detect spoiled fish: color fades, the meat gets soft, starts smelling “fishy,” etc.  However, unlike licenses in Japan for sushi “itamae” chefs being issued only after a two year culinary school degree and four years of apprenticeship (or ten years of the latter, depending on the prefectural licensing agency), few, if any (maybe NY, LA?), jurisdictions in the U.S. require licensing.   

We still have sashimi (sushi sine rice) at least once a week and Divechief and I stopped for a sushi carbo-load lunch on the way down to the inaugural Eugene Marathon in 2007.

ps Leslie - I checked with my doctor friend and he said you should report the food poisoning to the local public health service equivalent.

Tet - Amazing that you run barefoot all the time, wow !

Anzlo - thanks but I only run barefoot on smooth pavements, bike paths, a lap round Hayward Field in 2007, etc.   Thus, this weekend’s 12-hour Cottontail Fun Run around the rocky/rooty 2-mile circumference of Carkeek Park’ll be in my favorite Merrell Bahria Trail Thongs.
      ps tramps - I’ll be a Caps fan too, . . until Seattle gets a team again.

Image result for sushi chinese characters fish

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Tetsujin, I just registered the Posie clan for Bloomsday, Spokane. We cant' wait to see you there! Hopefully we will get another picture like this.

MikeE, you are amazing. You post those 10@tempo as if they are so easy to do. Nice job! When is our next marathon?

Tramps, it seems like I will be following your bike/run routine for a while. Bring on that bike and come to visit us in WA State.

Tamster, be care with  your activities of choice. I was thinking to start a twice a week yoga class and my sports PT, said...no way today. The poses and moves will not be nice to "knee" at this point in my recovery.

SurllyBill...interesting post regarding picking up trash before your speed work.

As for me, today was a REST day. "Knee" and I drove for an hour to visit our PT. He was impressed with "Knee's" recovery progress. Next ten day is moving forward to enjoy my "daily activity" in moderation, aka long distance running. More miles is added to the long runs, one speed work a week and a pile of additional core/leg exercise added to the already long list of exercises, but hey, I will not argue with PT...he knows what he is doing. I must say, I am blessed to have a top notch sports PT team only an hour away.

Cheers to all.

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I can see how something like yoga would not be the best choice for recovery of a knee injury (or back injury). Some moves can put some undue strain on those parts. 

I stationary biked to nowhere for 30 min tonight. I found when I listed to the news I biked harder. When I tuned in to Ellen, not so much. so I went back to the news to get my heart rate up. 

Tammy

evanflein

I ended up taking a rest day, too. So that'll be two in a row since tomorrow is an early flight to Anchorage for an all day meeting. My back is just really bothering me, like a muscle kink or tweak up between my shoulder blades. Hurts when I move, reach, breathe, just about everything. I actually took some ibuprofen this afternoon which I rarely ever do. And my leg was pretty sore, too. Argh.

SteveP

(((((Leslie))))). I hope it's resolved soon.

Holy Carp Surly Bill.

2.5 after work.

SteveP