Masters Running

Thu July 16 Runs and Workouts (Read 501 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Francesca,I'm also running leg 9 and we also start at 1:00 pm...try not to run me over...

My team is #111 All over the Pace...yours?

Gordon,

Quite a coincidence I say!!!

My team is #125  "Mitochondriacs".  I think we'll all be at the start of van 1..so if you are there as well we might see each even other before the race.....this sounds already like a lot of fun!!!!

What time do you expect to be running the first leg..?..our captain is so organized that has all the legs estimated times....I should be running around 7pm...

Francesca

TomS. which 20K are you thinking about?  my plan calls for a tune-up 5K a week from Sunday, but I haven't found any that I want to run.

The race is in Carrollton, a suburb of Saginaw.  They have a 5K, 10K, 20K, and marathon.  This is the place I mentioned in past years where they have a 5K out and back that you repeat enough times for your chosen distance.  I think I've done the 10K three times, the 20K four times, and a marathon.  It's not a scenic course but it's flat, the race director is a good guy and runs a well organized race, and I can count on seeing a number of my racing buddies.  It's a long drive for you, but I can tell you more if you're interested.

TomS

Gordon,

Quite a coincidence I say!!!

My team is #125  "Mitochondriacs".  I think we'll all be at the start of van 1..so if you are there as well we might see each even other before the race.....this sounds already like a lot of fun!!!!

What time do you expect to be running the first leg..?..our captain is so organized that has all the legs estimated times....I should be running around 7pm...

Francesca

I won't be at the start of the race...hopefully I see you at the first exchange...I'll be wearing Brooks stuff

At least we're not in the same division

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.............yesterday was a tough day - came home and ran 4 miles to clear my head only to have my mom call  at the end and i broke down again - then justin called and we talked for awhile - poor kid was so confused.  Today he seemed much better - we had a good 2 hour visit then as we pulled down our street he called for "reassurance call"  -  he needs to keep hearing that he will be getting out of there at some point and be able to do things "normally" again.  As i was typing this he called again  because he couldn't fall asleep.  Poor kid - i really hope we things under control soon.  thanks again!!

denise

More prayers for you and your family Denise.  It sounds like things are a little better at least.

Welcome back WRFB, Tramps and Gordon!!

Just read through the last two days of posts, as usual lots of good stuff out there.  Remember to run smart, run easy on your easy days and don't be afraid to rest when you need it!

Out for 5.5 mi this morning at 8:35 - 8:40 general/easy pace.  Rest day tomorrow then 22 on Sat.

Have a good weekend and GL to the racers!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
            wildchild

Carolyn

Denise, it sounds like a good thing that your son is reaching out to you, and wanting to call all the time.  You obviously give him comfort and security - you're such a good mom.  Hope he improves steadily and comes home soon.

Hot again in town, so I waited till I got home and took Tazzie and Ladybug up and down our shady road a couple of times - we live on an east-facing slope, so we lose the sun in the late afternoon and it cools off.  Ahhh - 65° and shady!  I didn't walk at all on the hills - just ran slow and steady. I need to work on not walking, and then work on running a little faster uphill.

Have a good evening!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

At least we're not in the same division

Well, ..............we lost one of the "older" team members last week and had to replace her with a younger girl which caused us to switch to the Open division too......

Francesca

I'm starting to feel like roadkill...
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  SteveP

Denise, Hopefully your son's reaching out is a good sign. It's tough right now, but there will be happy family days ahead.

SteveP