Masters Running

Last Call 5K RR (PR) (Read 393 times)

Renee the dog

Cripes, what would you have done if you knew what you were doing? Confused Big grin Nice work for a confused stallion. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

nice job DH - you are one fast dude!!

denise

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Dude!!!!!
        Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
          http://barefootrunner.org
        nowor

Your RR made my day. You are a funny and excellent writer. I look forward to more full sentences from you as well as your to-the-point daily entries. Oh yes, you aged AND dropped your time! Is Dark Colt running any?
            Thanks for all the nice comments.
            It's nice that you and Dark Colt had a good adventure.
            Yes. Spoken like a true parent, CNY. Smile
            take care of that knee and get under 20 -- I predict 19:2X...
            Your opinion is especially valuable because you are a very fast runner, hermosaboy.
            How do you run so fast with only 15 miles per week?
            I do it on charm and good looks, enke. Wink
            very cool that you and Dark Colt got to hang out for a bit. I haven't been able to get mine to do that sort of thing yet...
            Erika, first I asked him if he wanted to run in the race, and he said no. Then I asked him if he would help me by holding my stuff during the race, and I said there would be a fun party afterward. I think the party was the hook, but he probably also felt good that he could help me out. I have a nice car with a good sound system, and he enjoyed riding in the car listening to music on the way over and back. You have to figure out what aspects of the experience might be fun for your kid, and sell those things. I could be wrong, but I think it's easier for dad to convince his son to tag along, than it is for mom to convince her son to tag along. Unless mom is very cool. Cool
            Dude!!!!!
            I see the Barefoot Psycho is still with us. Big grin
            Is Dark Colt running any?
            Not much, nowor. He did run in the Yankee Homecoming 5K last month, but didn't train for it. At age 12, he finished right in the middle of the M11-14 pack. I am trying to nudge him into participating in his middle school crosscountry program this fall. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
            DickyG

Dark Horse... That's a HUGE effort....6:30 pace on limited training...congrats. Incidentatlly, your time of 3:49 for a 5K is not a world record. I set the record a few years ago with a time of 3:47...it's actually not an official world's record since I kept the time in my head. DickyG
                Had you raced those guys at the end you might have broken 20 -- you definitely have it in you. Nice race -- all by "feel". Well done. Your old fren, Lou

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I can't even remember the last DH RR that I read on this forum. Makes me suspicious that the only reason you decided to join us again was to brag about how fast you are. That and trying to step in while Ribs is on the mend. But I guess I should congratulate you anyway on an excellent 5K time, especially given the circumstances.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I only run 15 miles per week
                    I am so sorry I doubted your example in keeping weekly mileages below 15 miles. I don't like to brag or anything like that (especially when I have to give credit to you) but keeping at 12.6m/w probably had a big role in jumping my 6:30 marathon in July to 5:30 last weekend. I'll be gunning for a sub-5 at the Royal Victoria in October so hope to be below 10m/w by then. ps - maybe drop your own weeklies down to ten miles too and see if it'll get below that elusive 20 minute mark after all. Otherwise, I have a great taper plan.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Dark Horse - I have truly missed you in the months you’ve been gone, and it is wonderful to see you back in fine form. Such a speedy PR on only 15 miles per week – I couldn’t keep up with that speed on my best day. Great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

arf

MM #405

Congrats on a great race T and I'm so glad you're back! I try and check in here as often as I can, though can't post as much as I'd like to. Just wanted to say hi and what the heck is a "hook slide" anyways? Your pal, arf
                        coastwalker

Hi DH, What a treat to have one of your RRs again, loaded with your "sophisticated analysis" and split-second timing. Welcome back, and congrats on a greta race and the PR! Please stop by more often. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.