Masters Running

Donna - Still in the Hospital (Read 400 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Tom - you are Donna's life support. Be strong for her.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tom - this has to be so hard for you. Thanks for keeping us posted. Still praying here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Well, while waiting at the San Diego airport I decided to call Donna to chat for a bit. She has the sweetest voice. She told me that she is desappointed that she can not go home today and that she is hopping to so soon. When I told her I was the butterfly lady from RA she said..."oh...I remember reading your posts before........so......if she can remember something so insignificant like my name and my postings she must be on her way to recovery. Thanks for sharing your phone number with us TomD. It really was great chatting with her. Blessings to you both, Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I find mariposai's post encouraging. It sounds like the post operation confusion has ended, or at least gotten a lot better. Hopefully, Donna can go home soon (if she hasn't already). Going home has such psychological benefits but also means the doctors think things are going well. I continue to think of you, Tom and Donna, while I am running and other times during the day. Take care. TomS
          TomD

Jlynne, Donna would love to get a card from you. This group at RA really impresses her. She talks to others about so many of you running miles for her without ever meeting her. I will give a better update this evening. I need to go to work and give Donna a call. Take care, Tom and Donna

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tom... I sure hope Donna is progressing well and brighter days come soon. Many here might not have followed on Cool Running your admiration for each other. It was always touching. With a little digging, I pulled up this gem... this should bring more happy thoughts: http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/011133.shtml Hopes and Prayers, Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow Steve - that was so very sweet of you to do for Tom and Donna! I remember the engagement story like it was just yesterday. Your love for each other Tom is what many dream of having in their lifetime. I too am encouraged by Mariposa's post and hope thing are going better. Stay strong.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

evanflein

I remember that post! That was so cool, Steve. Thanks. Hoping for some upbeat news from Tom later on. {{{Tom and Donna}}}