Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.15.13 (Read 37 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Definitely a ROAR moment there, Karin.  Great picture!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

I did a little actual work today, honest.  I even wrote a program using a new technique I read in a book.  (For dg - This is in RPG, not COBOL.  There is nothing new in COBOL.)

I helped my daughter and boyfriend pack the truck.  They rented a U-haul and did it as a 1-way rental, so I am not driving to St. Charles Illinois tomorrow to help unload it and drive it back.  3rd floor apartment and no elevator.  Can you tell how sad I am.

And since the sun came out and it got up to 50°, I got out the leaf blower, climbed on the roof, and blew the roof off and used the blower to clean the gutters.  First time I tried that and it worked great.

I then raked the entire backyard.  (I did the front a couple days ago.)

Not only will I have an empty nest tomorrow, but it will be leaf-free!

5 months ago I had both daughters and a granddaughter living here.  Now in the span of a week, one is married and the other is moving away.  Life sure throws some twists and turns at you.

(Oh, no run or workout today by the way, unless you count 3 hours of truck packing and yard work.)

Anyone want a couple 6 year old cats?

Where would we all be without bushes?

Definitely T-shirt worthy! And since Kate, Karen, and I are doing our own Memorial Weekend 3-Day run, I may  have to get us shirts with that on it. Big grin

Two things I have discovered about myself since getting deep into trail running:  (1) When I'm out driving my running route or actually running it, I keep in mind potential bathroom-worthy landscape, and (2) I have to remember that not everyone appreciates a good snot rocket and a wipe of the nose on a sleeve.

Mike - Be careful with that AT.  I'm still trying to get over the tendinitis I came down with in late March/early April.  It's very hard to get completely over it, and it doesn't take much to get it all flared up again.

Ribs - I can hear the buttons popping on off our shirt clear out here. Big grin  What a great honor for your son!

Holly -  Since we went through what we did with Shorty not so long ago, my best advise is to just let your coworker know you'll be keeping her in your prayers.  She's probably feeling pretty alone right now,

Erika - Is your newest kitty more comfortable with you guys now?  If I remember correctly, she was sort of hesitant and not very affectionate.

My dad got laid off a couple of weeks ago, and we're working on figuring out whether or not financially he still needs to work, even part time.  I sure hope not since he is 72 and has physical issues, but we'll see.  He tried to contact EDD (CA unemployment dept) to see if (1) he qualifies for unemployment since he's getting a small pension and Social Security, and (2) if he gets unemployment, would he be forced to repay it out of his pension.  I've gone all over their website and can't find an answer.  He tried to get through to the folks on the phone on Tuesday, and ended up getting completely stressed out over it.  I told him I'd take care of it since the EDD office only a couple of blocks away.  Walked over there during my lunch hour - closed from 12:00-1:00.  *sigh*  None of this is going to be easy.

We did, however, get him referred to Stanford Medical to a second opinion regarding his back.  Now we just have to go through all the hoops necessary to get the appointment scheduled.  If they can do something about his back pain, even a little bit, his ability to enjoy life would probably go up about 50%.

Okay - I gotta get back at it.  Later ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

It seems like there are some great things to read about in the daily today, I will have to come back here later. I just got back home from work and I am starving since it is 2pm my time and I only had a bowl of oatmeal at 7am this morning.

Last night I hit the track for  6x800m with 200m intervals. I was overall 10+ seconds faster than the last three weeks, so it seems like visiting the track is working for me.

800m in 3:54,200m interval 
          800m in 3:48, 200m interval 
          800m in 3:47, 200m interval 
          800m in 3:48  200m interval 
          800m in 3:48  200m interval 
          800m in 3:50 200m plus some cool down 

Ohh the moon lit my path as I went around and around and around the track.

This morning I did some XT. I will go out for a short run after I eat lunch and take a napBig grin.

Go racers go!!!

Tramps, are you ready for tomorrow? What time are you aiming for?

Twocat, I hope you get your passport soon. Ohhh, get an iphone.

I hope to meet Mr. Mrs. Byll one of these days. They both seem to be very, very nice folks.

Dave: I agree with you,  Life sure throws some twists and turns at you. Good job with the new program.

Spareribs, do you ever take bad photos? 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

I'll get back and read the daily carefully later, but i saw several coyote mentions.

for those of you with grandkids there's a wonderful book "road runner mid-mesa marathon" starring roadrunner (speedus dmonius) and wile e coyote (appetitus giganticus)

my grandkids love it!

marj

Mariposai

6 zombies, run! miles up Kermel grade (Enkephalin and Divechief, I was thinking of our run up Kermel earlier this week). Got caught 2 times Sleepy.

Go racers, go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard