Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e April 13th (Read 272 times)

And away we go... Dutchie42-43.6K...There's always another week eliz4015-16.8 miles...good job evanflein-45.63miles-some taper??? evryday-30 miles-glad you're getting better JJJesse-32.75 miles...Wow 4000' gain lyndenrunner-29 miles-another lazy week marathon derrick-38.5 miles inc. a marathon nowor-13 miles+str+core+yoga...very consistent pfriese-40.4 miles...including some fine racing SteveP-13.5 miles...and a new job...WooHoo!!! tetsujin209-26.2 miles...that sounds like marathon miles to me Have another great week gang...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@7:59 Tue-Rest Wed-7@8:15 Thur-5@7:58 Fri-5@8:00 Sat-5@7:34 Sun-Rest Total=30 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      SteveP

Thanks Gordon!!!! Monday: 4.1 While DD#3 rode a bike and wonderful conversation! Tuesday: 0 Wednesday: 0 Thursday: 0 Friday: 0 Saturday: 0 Sunday: 5.28 Total: 9.29

SteveP

My life's too crazy to plan day-to-day right now, so I'm sticking with weekly goals for a while. This week: Run between 13-16 miles and do some serious stretching. A little yoga and/or a massage over the weekend might be in order as well. Monday - ran 3.0; walked 1.0 Tuesday - weekly rest the body, renew the mind & soul day at Borders before class Wednesday - ran 3.1; walked 0.8; fewest walk breaks during run since I got the orthotics Thursday - ran 3 (?) glorious miles with my running class; forgot to turn on the Garmin! Tongue Friday - ran 6 (!!!!) - longest run since 1/15/08; caught the 1,000K pace bunny! Saturday - rest; massage on neck and shoulders left me in serious pain; need to find better ways of dealing with stress than holding it in my shoulders Sunday - 3.1 miles on a perfect spring morning; walked 0.6; would have kept going, but have to get ready for a 4-hour rehearsal this afternoon; feet are feeling good Smile Ran 18.2; walked 3.0 - highest mileage week ever. Thanks for helping me to keep challenging myself. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks Gordon. I'll try a plan this week and see how it works out.
            DayPlanActualComment
            Mondayrest dayrest day - done
            Tuesday8 miles running8.1 miles running - done 8:54/mile avg pace
            Wednesday5 miles runningrest day - done
            Thursday7 miles running8.0 miles running - done 9:14/mile avg pace
            Fridayrest day8.0 miles running - done 8:49/mile avg pace
            Saturday5K race ?14.0 miles running - done 9:10/mile avg pace
            Sunday16 miles running4.2 miles running - done9:42/mile avg pace
            Total~40 miles running42.3 milesDONE
            Paul
            Dutchie42

Oopsie, Wednesday already. Thanks Gordon. Mon...13K bike commute and long walk with dogs (recovery) Tue...13K bike commute and unexpected visit of friend... Wed..12.4K easy run with Spooky and 13K bike commute. Thu...13K bike commute and it was a planned rest day. Fri....15.0K in the early morning. Saw two foxes chase eachother in a field and a deer near a stream. Great start of the day. Sat...UB endurance strength (back/shoulders/triceps), abs, 8.5K run with the doggies, LB endurance strength and 25 minutes of athletic yoga stretches. Sun..36K: maintained pace till 30K. Then it got hard. Ran 9 bridges and a lot of concrete bike path that I wasn't used to. Killed my hip/groin area and my lower back. Summary: 71.9K and a lot of bike commutes

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hey Gordon, thanks for the tally! Not much happening this week... taper in full force, brought on by stoopid travel schedule for work. Here goes: Monday: Usual XT day, spent 9+ hours on my butt in a plane... Angry Tuesday: Too tired from yesterday's XT session, meetings, tours, drinks, dinner... no run. Wednesday: Cranked out 5.43 miles on the hotel treadmill. That's all I had time for... Thursday: 7 miles on the hotel TM; rebooked flight leaves at noon so had time to run. Friday: 4 snowy, hilly miles with flurries... where is spring? Saturday: 8 miles, miles 2 thru 6 close to my new MP goal pace... not sayin' Sunday: 10.25 miles, rolling hills... 8:08 avg pace Total... 34.7 miles, lots of plane sitting, some walking

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, M............slack.............Leif raking T............Hill Ents..........~8 including 6x600 comfortably hard 2% w/= recovery, 2x1min elbow planks W...........recovery..........4 mouth-shut miles, 2x1min elbow planks T..............MLR.............10 F..........more slacky......... S...........Long Hills...........19 S...........Long Hills............19 JJJ..................................60
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    38.5 last week Monday-0 rest and recover Tues-3.5 miles complete 4 miles aprox Wed-5.2 miles done Thurs-7 did 2 miles legs died Friday-lift Saturday10+ miles race maybe?1.5 mile warmup, 3.1 race, 6.2 + tempo run about 11 total Sunday-0 total21.7

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks lynden. I get my big weeks with events on Sunday and the following Saturday but get to taper all week when it’s the opposite. tetsujin - 0 ----------- upcoming - Mt. Si 50 Mile (3/13)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Thank you LDR Mon.....rest............rest Tues....3miles..........rest Wed....9miles.........6miles Thurs....rest...........rest Frid......6miles.........6miles Sat......rest............rest Sun.....12miles.........12miles Total.....24 miles
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        nowor

Shorts or tights week. The decision can sap the strength. Monday- 4 mi and each one was hard for some reason Tues- Strength training class and work out Wed- 6 mi in IRC Thurs-strength work; yoga PM Fri-5 mi Sun-Yoga Summary- 15 mi + strength work + yoga...Core work is missing