Masters Running

Sore Leg Sunday August 12 (Read 341 times)

Dove

The Dovenator

Just a quick post to start Sunday before I head to bed: I won!!!! First overall at Hamster 24-hour. My mileage wasn't great, and the field was small (30+), but 100k and 9,400 feet of climbing was enough to make the other runners crumble. I called a night after I vanquished my final competitor. Good Sunday everyone!!!

"it's just like having fun, but different"

wildchild

Carolyn

Woot!  Go Dove!  Sounds like it was just like having fun, but different!  Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

How awesome is that Dove. Congrats...Holy cow. You amaze me.

MTA: I forgot I changed my Avatar yesterday. I'm handing this one off to Dove. I need to go find a diffrent one.

Nice run this morning for me. Not as long as far as I should have gone but I have lots on my plate. The last few days have been IRC and I'm loving it!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Amazing, Dove!!  What a great feeling that must be after so many laps!

Starr--you're tougher than me--75 is my upper limit.  And like Holly said, 8 is nothing to sneeze at.  (for us mortals, that is)

Only 3.1 for me this morning in the aforementioned 75.  Thunderstorms have been predicted for the entire weekend and we've barely seen any rain.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Dove - Yowza!  Great job!!

I got up early to get my run done early, so I could be home to help DH with the kitchen demo.  Today we will pull out the last of the cabinets - the part with the sinks and dishwasher attached.  I can finish up my touch-up painting and we'll be ready for the installers tomorrow.  Additionally, DH has decided we need to buy a dishwasher today, because he doesn't want put our ancient one back with the new cabinets.  Much as I try to keep costs down, whenever DH is involved, that's difficult....Roll eyes

20.3 miles for me in a lovely 62-67 degrees.  Slower than dirt, mostly.

Now we're off to get lunch and run our errands.

Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Just a quick post to start Sunday before I head to bed: I won!!!! First overall at Hamster 24-hour. My mileage wasn't great, and the field was small (30+), but 100k and 9,400 feet of climbing was enough to make the other runners crumble. I called a night after I vanquished my final competitor. Good Sunday everyone!!!

FIRST OVERALL!!!!

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!

3 recovery miles chasing the Easy Pacer around the Indian Encampment. I took pictures of the teepees. I will try to post here later.

Now it is time to clean up the house and prepare the room for our Japanese exchange students who will be staying with us for a couple of weeks as his host parents come back from their vacation. We had less than a week to prepare for this kid, it will be fun!

We are taking him to the rodeo and stampede suicide race this afternoon. That will be a culture shock for the kids!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Nice going Dove!  Congrats to you.

14 at about 10:12 pace.  Humid this morning but another cool mid-70's day so the run was very easy.

The former Dallas Texans are now the Kansas City Chiefs. 

How many Davidson brothers are credited with founding Harley-Davidson?   Spareribs

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Congrats Dove!

Out for 17 miles this morning in temps starting around 68F-80F [when I finished].  Pace was @ 9 min miles.  Overall time was 2:32:53.37

Have a great day.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Woot! Dove! I ran 4 miles and then called it quits -- just was too tired physically and mentally to run my scheduled 8-miler... Is OK.
                    Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Wow!  Dove!  Congratulations!

Well, I wasn't 1st, today, in the MDRA 15K but I was happy with my race.  3 years ago I finished in 58:11.  2 years ago I finished in 1:01:26.  I did not run it last year because I was nursing a sore achilles.  This year my goal was to get back under an hour.  Mostly, I wanted to run a smart race.  I think I accomplished both goals.  I started out relaxed but at a decent pace--but not too fast--and I finished in 59:07.  This was a team race and the only frustrating part was seeing a guy from another team up front, within catching range, but I just couldn't catch him.  It didn't even seem like he was running all that fast.  Oh well--I met my goals--I'm happy. 

Ryan took 4th overall in just over 50:13 which set a new state record for 21 year olds.  It was a tough and fast field.

Okay--that's it for me--see ya! 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So much Olympic-level racing by our boomer champions.

I'm glad all I have to worry about over here this time is eating.

Off to earthquake-tsunami land again this morning (monday)

I hope troy surives his 23-mile run with the bears though.

Nothing you can say will make me not worry.

Did you tell your mother?

Dove - if that's the one up in Bellingham with so many ultra-runners who don't know it's supposed to be hard, plus even tougher ones coming down from BC, I think you are going to need a gold happy coat instead of a pink one. . . . real gold. You deserve it!  I might have to get you different headwear too. Smile

mari - tanoshisou desu. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Dove, that's awesome! Congratulations, and yeah, Slo needs to give you his avatar for sure.

I don't think I'm getting a run in at all today. Oh well. I ran up Ester Dome yesterday, and my legs are tired anyway. I'm heading to Seattle this afternoon with my folks. They have medical appointments this week and I'll be there to help them thru Wednesday, then DS1 will go down and be there till they come home Monday. Just checked the forecast and wow, it's hot in Seattle this week!

Enke, any chance of a meet up? I'm going out to dinner and then Rent with my childhood best friend who now lives in Seattle. It's been years since I've seen her so should be fun.

Ok, who wants to see the YouTube of my final dance performance?

Here it is. Don't laugh. Pardon the out of focus bits, DH did this with his camera. I think someone recorded it with better equipment, but I haven't gotten anything from anyone yet.

Mike E

MM #5615

Very nice Erika!

...YAY dove

......YAY RYAN////

............YAY Erika/////

========

.....20min CA, had to stop

(name a Body Part)

n0t fun.

..........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I started out relaxed but at a decent pace--but not too fast--and I finished in 59:07.  I met my goals--I'm happy. 

Ryan took 4th overall in just over 50:13 which set a new state record for 21 year olds.  It was a tough and fast field.

Wow - you two are so speedy - well done!!

Erika - I love the video.  This one is much better than the other, and I can see more detail.  I still don't know how you can remember all those steps, but you both did wonderfully!  And that dress - lovely - you looked mahhvalous!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."