Masters Running

Tuesday, December 15 Blustery Runs (Read 486 times)

Slo

Just in from the Stationary Bike trainer......30 mins to Dr. Phil and 30 mins to local news. Good workout. For the record, I am not a Dr. Phil fan.

dg.....Your reading Joe Friel.....Good stuff. I think Friel has much to offer and has down to earth ways to determin your training zones.

Bill, I liked the "Erica Up" reference. I have a feeling it'll stick......"I know its cold, windy and sleeting. Just put your shoes on and Erica up !"

As Norm from cheers once said......"Everyone needs to believe in something.......I believe I'll have another beer."

Later all and many many happy miles.

I am waiting in the Philly airport now for my connecting (delayed) flight to Dayton. 

I'd rather be there chatting with you than here in the PHL fly-over zone, trapped in a classroom with 80+ super-wound-up 7th & 8th graders waiting to go on for their concert.  Tonight my only job is kid-wrangling - no conducting or playing for me tonight - this is the concert that just sucks the life out of me.  

Back to MY singing tomorrow night.  Three gigs with the Philly Orchestra the rest of the week - in a choir, NOT as a soloist - sheesh!  Doesn't get much better than than!  Smile  

Happy running, all.  Can't wait to re-join the ranks this weekend!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

SteveP

Hey TimBo!!!

I was wondering how you enjoyed the Winter Wonder Land Bill. I rescheduled last week;s Harbor Springs deliveries.

Thanks Sue.

FIL and MIL are looking forward to getting back to normal. That will probably get redefined.

Thanks for the poem!!!

Yeah Larry!!!!!!

Hang in there Eliz

Taggie Butt's a running nut

He's too much to believe

He got himself a Batman costume

From his daddy, Steve

His momma at home calls him "Baby"

You know he likes to jump and play

On this freezin afternoon

He was Erikaing Up the trails

And he wouldn't have any othe way...

4.5 crazy cold miles in knee deep snow by where I got poison ivy last summer....

We didn't see any today.

While we had FIL's dog, we tried getting a family picture....Darn Kids

SteveP

SteveP - Great pictures!!  Love the first one with Tag's tongue hanging out.  He looks like a happy, happy pup.

FWIW - I wear a full size larger in my running shoes.

Eliza - Good luck with the kid wrangling, and enjoy your performances!  I haven't been part of a choir for years.  Used to sing with the local Interfaith Gospel Choir and absolutely loved it, but it became too much with everything else that was going on.

Come on, Slo.  We know you're a closet Dr. Phil fan.   Time to 'fess up!

Almost quittin' time!  Then I get to go to a meeting.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Steve, thanks for the pictures ;D  & for the update.  I meant to ask earlier about your FIL & MIL....   I hope this works out well for all of you.  hugs to DW.    nice to see the happy puppies.

Slo, I'm glad you like Joe.      And you are tough.  (for the record, phew ;-) )

Eliz, don't forget to breathe.    Try to go to your happy place.  Wink

hugs for Harriet & her knee.  I'm sorry it's been going on this long.   Did she ever get a diagnosis?

I still don't think I've read all of the last couple of days, but up at 4 tomorrow to head to the gym & I still have stuff to do.  exciting stuff like clean the cat litter.  

mta...which, considering some of the sad kitty news around here lately, I'm very happy to do.

I did make it to the gym after work, & did 8 miles.  6 on the track, which definitely bothers my knee, & 2 on the TM, which I ams till getting used to.  My PRE on the TM is a lot higher than at the same pace on the ground.  why??

Pretty sure this was about a 10 min. pace overall.. my foot pod is not working again.  did some fast laps toward the end of the track chunk.  hr not so good today, I think I just wanted to get done.  average was something around 165, max 181.

Holly, have you seen anything more of that creepy guy with the truck?

thanks for all the poetry today.

Mariposai

.OMG...what have I done? In my haste this morning I quoted this poem from a running journal that was given to me...Anonymous writer...and you guys thought it came from me!... While yes, I am a writter, I am not THAT good. As a writer, I will never take intellectual property from someone else.

I have been so absorbed with this all day..
              http://www.komonews.com/news/79106077.html?tab=video

.Parker's mom was one of my staff years ago. Right now I am trying to ensure that the family have their pantry full when they come back home. Churches and civic groups have come to help out.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That's ok, Mariposai, we all enjoyed it.

Steve, your wife is a saint. All I'm sayin'.

I ran 3.52 miles tonight on the treadmill in my new shoes! Yay! Love those Asics Landreth's. I'm also trying out new insoles. Finding that I'm somewhere in between the regular cushioned insoles and the "plus" or extra arch and heel support insoles. The first are just a little flat, but the latter are just a little too much "extra stuff." Hmmm.... I'll try them again over the next few days. Maybe I just need to get used to the "plus" version?

(no foot pain during or after run, this is so cool!)