Masters Running

Friday Dailies Aug 25 to end August Fridays (Read 31 times)

evanflein

Doug, you use a large zucchini (we have a few of those), cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Then scoop out the flesh leaving about 1/2" all around like a shell or "boat". The filling is ground beef, onion, green peppers, corn (we used a frozen "fiesta mix" with corn, peppers, black beans, etc and it worked great), green chilis, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, cilantro and cheese. This gets all browned, simmered and mixed up to make the filling that gets piled into the shells and baked at 350° for 40 minutes, serve with salsa and more cheese if desired. It was really good, and sort of a "one down, 20 more to go" with the zukes and squash we have around here.

3.7 mostly easy miles this afternoon, just to get a run in on my day off.

Mariposai

{{{{{twocat}}}}}}}} hang in there my buddy. I have been in communication with Mrs Twocat all day getting updates about twocat. From what I know now is that the surgery went well and that he is in his room at the hospital recovering where he will be for a few days. Understandably, he is in a lot of pain. Let's all gather our energies to pray/send good vibes for a quick recovery to twocat.

Millions of butterfly hugs to Twocat and Mrs. Twocat.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks for the update on Twocat!  Prayers for a good recovery without too much pain.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

. . .  sort of a "one down, 20 more to go" with the zukes and squash we have around here.

{{{2KItty!}}} I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must be.

40 min of core/ST after work.  I bought an agility ladder and will be using it o try and get "quicker" feet for trail running - 'cause I AM going to get back on the trails soon, doggone it!

Anyway - - - I'm out of shape.  Ooofduh!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

This has been another long day...but a fun day...after the beginning, anyway.  I got a text, first thing in the morning, that my old Air Force buddy passed away during the early morning.  He was a good guy.

Then it was to the school by 6:30 for team pictures--then off to our 1st meet of the season--we didn't do great, but it's early--then back home to run 8.2 miles--then picked up Eric for a bite to eat and a movie.

Get better soon, Twocat!

Okay--gotta get to bed.  We have practice in the morning and I want to get about 8 miles of my 14 in before the kids get there at 8:00.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

You are one tough cookie, twocat. I'm really sorry about all those things I may have inadvertently said about your not running in the rain.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

((((((Twocat)))))