Masters Running

Tuesday, July 27 Daily News and Such...... (Read 499 times)

Just because.
    Masters 2000 miles
    SteveP

SteveP – how do you do that “quote within a quote” thing?

I'm not sure, but it's kewl.

Leslie .... A Capella???

That's acape for chicks.

Erica, that picture was from a road race last weekend. At one point, water was pouring in a stream from the umbrella on to Noah's shoes.

Amy, I can't picture you being a chicken.

Poor Noah, seems to be getting his sense of humor from Grampy.....His poor parents...

SteveP

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I've decided! Even though I ran already this morning (only 3.1 miles), I'm going to the local Masters running group this evening, finally! I met a woman in the park a couple weeks ago who's been trying to coerce me to join her for these Tuesday evening runs, but I'd been hesitant to try it. But I just spoke with her and told her I'd be there, so off I go!
        SteveP

It sounds like fun Orange Mat

SteveP

Does Bubba have room for another ?......Seriously

I'm supposed to be on RAGBRAI right now but life really got in the way of things.

Bubba definitely always has room for more, and this tour is also definitely not sold out. Go to http://www.lmb.org for the details. By the way, Bubba does a great job catering RAGBRAI as well -- this was his 2nd year doing it. He regaled us with a lot of RAGBRAI stories last year at the Michigander!

After my 8 miles yesterday morning, I joined a weekly evening ride that -- at least last week -- was a pretty casual one. But this week it was a more experience group that showed up and the guy who took the lead won his age group in an Ironman Triathlon a couple years ago! The ride would have been challenging in any case, but with tired legs it really kicked my butt. Lucky the evenings are getting shorter and we only managed 20 miles.

Then this morning was my weekly ride with the seniors group, which was good for another 25 miles or so. I've got to get back to some simple running again! Maybe after a day off tomorrow...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lots of skimming....

SteveP... I love it!

A.. great butterfly picture!

OM.. That's the spirit..just do it!  I've learned that from running (like when you have a scheduled run and you hear the 40° rain pounding and you're in a warm bed.... get up and just do it) and it applies to so many other parts of life.

4 miles this morning in 34:05 (8:31 pace, AHR 157). Hard but felt good in the cool 77°.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Erika,

A late congrats on the great race last weekend. The PR streak continues!!! You are gonna tear up Equinox this year.

Holly,

Don't feel to bad but now you know what to brush up on to help find another job. You are correct in your attitude of getting practice at interviews and such. The more you do them the better and more confident you become.

4.6 miles @ 9:15 pace overall. This is a pretty good effort for me at this point.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

OrangeMat

MM #6177

The running group was great! We did a relay where the last person of each group of 4 or 5 would run harder to come to the front of the line, cycling through each person in the line like that, for about 2 miles. With the warmup and cooldown jogs, my total mileage for the evening was 5.34 miles. Granted, I was of the slowest ones there, but everyone was very nice and supportive. I'll definitely go back again next week.
                  evanflein

Thanks, Larry, and I hope it holds up for Equinox!

Ok Steve, that's better. Fun to have Noah in a race with you!

Amy! Don't be a chicken! That's the one you told me I should do next because it wasn't a real challenging course. I'd love to do it... but I'll make you do it with me!!

I made it out for 5 miles at lunchtime. Oh geez, my legs are still so sore. Definitely a good idea to take another easy day tomorrow. I knew I hadn't run enough hills, but it wasn't really the uphills that got me this time. For the first time in a long time, I think the downhills were harder on me! Must be because they've paved that entire road now. It's that "chip seal" kind of pavement, rough and hard to run on, but hard enough that the impact is so much harder than running on dirt or packed gravel. Yowza.

Mariposai

Great day in RA land.

Erika, one of these days I shall run the Equinox with you!!!!

Busy day in posie land. I stated out with a 6 miler this morning with some tempo run.

Aamos, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mariposai, you tell me when and I'll pay your way. Really. You and Holly the same year? No problem. I've got miles.