Masters Running

Thoisday's Daily, 9.26.13 (Read 40 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Lucky LaT - gets to visit with Erika!

Tramps - my DH was recently trying to talk me into this year's Elantra - said the reviews were really good.

No run for me this morning, just 10 minutes or so of core work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...hey, lookie what I found...........

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/09/26/226456791/how-much-will-obamacare-cost-me-try-our-calculator

from NPR

..................ps.................not trying to cause trouble, just passing info along........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Post removed by forum moderator.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Lucky LaT - gets to visit with Erika!

spareribs was right. That was Erika!

uhmm.  Hi again LaT. no particular reason but do you think you could get another photo for Walden Pond maybe with both you and erika,maybe  pointing out where it is so I don't get mixed up, or swimming or something?  Thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Nice long runs for Mike and breger.  Good job on the speedwork for mari and sarge.

This morning, it was in the low 40s and almost calm.  I got in 5 miles at a 10:26 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...My Congratulations to jylnne on finding a way of making New Friends at the Pool............Big grin

The guy fighting me for the first lane scowls every time he sees me. I'm going to turn on the charm tomorrow and see if he'll move over Wink

Is there cake or pie sticking out of the ground to go along with the forks and spoons?

Beautiful picture of Erika. And the pond too.

6 miles this morning, in the dark, in heavy fog. Love it! My hair was soaking wet when I got back just because the air was so heavy. We've had an incredible streak of beautiful weather the last couple of weeks.

Is anyone else sad that "Breaking Bad" is over? Watched the replay of the pilot last night and I smile every time I see Walter in his tidy whiteys.

evanflein

Hey! I remember that day! That was just before I ran the Manchester Marathon! After we visited Walden Pond, Deez picked me up and we went to get haircuts, then met up with Marj, Henry, Robin, and others (sorry, can't remember now!) for dinner at Redbones (right, LaT? memory is fading....). What a great weekend! Can't believe how long my hair was....

Leslie, so sorry about the boil on your butt. Unfortunately for you, that's a lot of fun for us to say! Smile I hope it clears up soon.

Tramps, glad Tribee is ok. I'm sure the squirrel is relieved, too. There are more Subarus around here than you can shake a stick at, lots of Toyotas, too.

So.... Jlynne is skinnydipping in the pool? I missed that.

DS2 shipped out Saturday night to his first duty station: Camp Smith on Oahu, HI. We're trying not to cry for him. He's actually pretty stoked about it. He was going to look for a pickup when he got there, but now he wants his car shipped to him. So... we'll probably be in the market for a car of our own sooner than we'd planned. We're leaning towards the Mazda 6.

I've been so crazy busy at work it's just not funny. I have been running though, 4.8 easy on Tuesday, 9.1 tempo run last night and 5.4 today at lunch, steady GA pace with some hills. I feel just about 100% after the marathon, but still know I need to not overdo it. So... I won't. I haven't been able to read here much recently, but checked out today's and yesterday's threads. You guys are a funny bunch.

Walden Pond pales in comparison to Erika

Tet - if I swim the perimeter - it is about 1.4 miles

Final answer? ... "yes" Redbones is correct.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Marathon Maniac #957

DS2 shipped out Saturday night to his first duty station: Camp Smith on Oahu, HI. We're trying not to cry for him.

I think I might shed a tear, though.  Poor boy, stuck in Hawaii for the winter, instead of Alaska...he must be so distraught......Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

DS2 shipped out Saturday night to his first duty station: Camp Smith on Oahu, HI. We're trying not to cry for him. 

Hey, we can have a cyber crying session my dear sistahhh. Our DS1 arrived to Macedonia safely and started his, get this, dual language Peace Corps program this week. Dual language in this case means that they have strong plans to used him as a double ambassador with Macedonians and Albanian. Which is Ok with him, but that means that he could be assigned a not-so-desirable work environment for the next two years. No car shipment for him. Peace Corps volunteers are not allowed to drive while in foreign land.

I love Skype, btw. We had a 90' skype chat last Sunday with him.

What a perfect running weather tonight. 4.5 miles with the not-soEasy Pacer! Funny, it is getting harder to catch up with him if I have to find a potty spot in the orchards Joking.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hey, it's your own fault for getting him into this, ya know? Big grin

Pan fried top sirloin steak tonight with all sorts of good stuff to go with it. Rather than buy from the packaged meat section, we bought a nice thick steak from the meat counter. The thing about these thick steaks is... hard to tell just when it's done. Had to put it back in the oven for a bit. But it looks good now! We've had so much chicken lately, a nice steak just sounded really good.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maybe someone will come back with someone like some else came back with someone else before someone was even born.

No particular reason but has there ever been a reunion in Hawaii?

both boys are very special, as are all our boys blessing us in their own ways even though we might not know it at the time. .

Thank them for what they do for us for us.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)