Masters Running

2016 Portland, OR Marathon RA family meet up (Read 67 times)

I say go for it and the transportation can be figured out later.  If nothing else, I can probably rope Karen into being a driver.  Between her car and my car, we can accommodate at least 4 passengers.  I'll feel her out about it.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I emailed the owner and he said:

I actually have 5 bedrooms. One I use for storage a cleaning supplies for air bnb

There is a king size bed or two twins in room one. A double bed in room two. Rooms three and 4 have queen beds. And there is a sofa bed.

By the time you arrive in October I will have two bunk beds and another sofa bed. I also have queen size air mattresses that are very nice.

And, the number 8 bus goes right by the house, runs downtown and looks like it goes within two blocks of the start/finish.  Looks like a keeper folks, but I need some feedback here.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

for what it's worth from me - who may or may not be able to attend - I think it sounds great and I would snag that up!

Tammy

I think it looks great, Holly.  I'd say go for it.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Yes, I'd say get it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, I went ahead and booked it for 3 nights, Friday-Sunday, 10/7-10/10.  I had to pay in advance, $1255 total which includes tax and cleaning fees, etc.  That comes out to $418/night, which when divided among the number of folks who stay each night should be very reasonable.

However, if anyone who plans to stay there could send me a deposit in advance, that would be very helpful.  Email me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot com and I can give my mailing address and also include your email for the itinerary reminders.

Payment Details

Payment received: Fri, May 13, 2016

2016-05-13 17:03:10 +0000

$316 x 3 Nights $949

Cleaning Fees $80

Airbnb Service Fee $98

Occupancy Taxes $128

Total $1255

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My dinero went in the mail this afternoon.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Thanks for getting this work out for us, Holly. I think we have a great place. I will text you to get your address for the deposit.

Portland Marathon get together is getting more exciting than ever!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

I showed the house to Paul, who grew up in Portland and he thinks this is a terrific location.

My dinero will be on the mail this week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi folks,

i will either just visit (up & back in one day; no staying overnight), or will book a hotel room downtown with my partner, Herr Wegetarian, for just 1 night.  I'm pretty sure I won't do the marathon -- err, I mean I was pretty sure last week.  But then Kirsten (KR handle "Emeraldvalley") dared me to run/walk it... Ehhh

Marathon Maniac #957

Econe - there's always the HM.....

I read the website carefully and I don't think they allow transfers, even if it's down. :/

Hey, Gang - Thought we should start looking at this again.

It looks like we have the house for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so I think we need to confirm who's going, which ones are couples, sleeping arrangements, food stuffs, etc.

Shorty and I are going, so that's one couple.

What say the rest of you?

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm pretty sure I won't do the marathon -- err, I mean I was pretty sure last week.  But then Kirsten (KR handle "Emeraldvalley") dared me to run/walk it... Ehhh

,me too and, I'm sure more than a few others will dare you too..

Besides, I don't want to be the only one walking with Holly and MikeE

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

This is totally lame, but I'll run half of it and then will call Herr Wegetarian to pick me up in the 2nd half.  Better a DNF than a DNS, since I signed up!  I look forward to seeing everyone!