Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 12.7.17 (Read 35 times)

Hey friends -- busy week here in RA land and life in general!!

Still hanging on in the DGAFAOTH challenge but it has been interesting!! Yesterday I was starting work at 6am instead of 7 so I could get relieved at 6p for a Sole Sisters meeting. My plan was to hit the gym at 4:45am for a mile on the treadmill, drive to work before the traffic and shower for the early start. Well as I was walking out of my house a car drove by and next thing I heard was crunch crunch crunch.

Young guy crashed into my neighbor's car as he was about to back out of his driveway, crashed in to the trash barrel, mailbox and neighbor's daughter's car parked in front of their house!! It was a mess - the kid's airbag went off and he looked very confused!! I stayed until the police and EMT's arrived to make sure they were ok.  My neighbor was very lucky he wasn't hurt more - his car was totally spun around. Not sure how the kid made out but felt pretty bad for him too.  I finally got my mile in outside on my lunch break!!

Today slept until 7am -- so needed, fighting off another dang cold!! Must be the stress because I don't usually get sick this often!

3.3 miles in the sunshine was so much nicer tho than waking up early for 5.5 in the dark!!

Oh -- and tomorrow Justin is going to a residential drug/alcohol treatment center which also deals with mental health issues. I am so proud of him for wanting to take this step -- I really hope it helps make a difference.

MikeE - glad to hear Eric is doing well!!

denise

TammyinGP

4.2 at the track tonight.  

Mike - your granddaughter is a 9th grader and she's 6'2"??  ummm - where did that height come from??  

Okay, gotta scoot!

Tammy

Quickadder

Rule #1 applied again today, so I’m in supertaper mode this week with 5 total rest days ahead of Saturday’s HM.

Forecast for the 7am start is 31F and sunny. I ran this race two years ago (my first ever HM) and it was close to 70F that day.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

evanflein

Yikes, Deez! Hope all is ok... Good for you for getting your run in when you could.

Tammy, I was wondering the same thing about Mike's GD's height. Her dad must be 7' tall!

Quickadder, that rule is something twocat gets all excited about. The rest of us don't mind, really. Would be good to get a couple miles in before your race.

Ran this afternoon before sunset! So yes, that means I pretty much had to be out by 1:30 pm to do my run, which ended up being 5.6 miles with the first 3.7 miles on the path below campus that was a slippery slog from the new snow we got yesterday. The rest of the run was better because the path/sidewalk had been brushed or more heavily trafficked. Actually overheated on this run, so started taking things off about a mile out... neck gaitor, earband, unzipping jacket... made it back to the office just in time!